(Logan Cup) Tuskers v Eagles & Rhinos v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: (Logan Cup) Tuskers v Eagles & Rhinos v Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Great to read your updates MidWest Rhinos, not pretty reading but sums up the story.

MidWest Rhinos
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Malcolm and Remz have defied all expectation this morning. Malcolm has looked very good, punching off the back foot, cutting and pulling. There was some argy-bargy this morning concerning a tractor, the heavy roller, some kit in the way and senior players who think they are too good to move a bag out of the way.

SpitfiresKent, you have no idea how much I miss it as well. There was an idea at the start of the season that because each franchise was going to be given a $12,000 monthly budget I would do a few things part-time. So there would have been a resumption of the highlights and social media but that monthly budget never came so I'm only doing a few things in my spare time for the Rhinos such as the stats for Robin Brown. That kind of thing is what I do anyway and I enjoy it so I'm happy to do it for free.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Lo and behold, Timmy Maruma gets Malcolm and Nyathi in one over and moves to 200 FC wickets. It's been a while since he last took a wicket in the Logan Cup.

Thanks for the reports, MidWest Rhinos :)

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Some poor decisions and equally poor shot selection mean that our social game at KKSC will probably go ahead tomorrow.

What is strange though is that even though he has 4 wickets, you can pick Maruma's Googly from the club house. So we can't play the short ball and spinners.

How this game has turned and swayed. It really has been great from a neutral perspective.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

LOL Maruma gets 4 wickets. This seems beyond repair.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Struggling against useless & part time spinners, will face Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka after two months on the likes of Dilruwan Parera, Sandikan and the the legend Rangana Herath.....

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

Not with a bang but a whimper.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Midwest rhino how did mavuta look in both batting and bowling? Do you think he will be a national contender in next few years?

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

jimbo wrote:Midwest rhino how did mavuta look in both batting and bowling? Do you think he will be a national contender in next few years?
I think any leggie who can turn it is in with a shout. I thought he was too flat in general and bowled a beamer but apart from that one ball was fairly well controlled. He also has a googly which i couldn't pick from the boundary which is already one up on Maruma. I also thought he didn't bowl enough. The track was taking turn so he should have bowled a lot more.

My concern with these young guys is that they don't get too big headed. Some of our guys are falling into that and you can tell by their play.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

MidWest Rhinos wrote:
My concern with these young guys is that they don't get too big headed. Some of our guys are falling into that and you can tell by their play.
Big headed from...? Consistently losing to Afghanistan?

I've always felt most of the senior guys just viewed cricket as a [fat] paycheck and didn't much care for results so long as they kept getting picked. There's an air of non-chalance everytime a Hamilton gets out or Chatara gets hit. The only guy who seems fired up is Raza and he's in and out of the squad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)