Malcolm Lake

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Robbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Malcolm Lake

Post by Robbo »

Hi Guys, Long time reader and very occasional poster to this forum. I was at Oxford, England yesterday watching Oxford MCCU v Warwickshire. Saw quite a bit of Malcolm Lake bowling. His figures don't reflect it,but he bowled really well, with good pace. His batting is coming on a bit over here as well (he got 46 against a near full strength Surrey team in the previous game).

Just wondered what people in the know think of him, and what his plans might be... ?

Also in the squad, but not playing was a guy called Hopper, bowling leggies in the nets. Is this Kyle Hopper,who I believe is also Zimbabwean?

Lovely day watching f-c cricket as well I might add...

ricky

Re: Malcolm Lake

Post by ricky »

Dont think Lake would ever like to come back and play for Zimbabwe. Where is the financial incentive ? The country as such is in shambles.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Thanks for the news Robbo

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

don't know much about his future plans but I do recall a ZC official saying Bruce and lake would be available for selection at some point.
www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12052

Lake was also studying at a university in that area. not sure if he has finished or he is about to finish. that's what's probably holding him back. he is a natural talent who would quickly add value to our national setup. good to hear he is doing well. in theory if he rally wanted to play for us he should have been added to the academy side in my opinion. they are 1 or 2 batsmen short anyway.

aydee

Post by aydee »

He has just finished his 3rd season with Oxford MCCU. Presumably that means he will graduate in a few months time, so I guess it isn't impossible that he will be around next season...

However, his stats from the 6 FC matches he has played against the counties in the last 3 years don't make very encouraging reading...

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Malcolm Lake will be a great talent to have before the Qualifiers.

Adam Griffe, Kyle Deplock & Micheal Snyder also talented, deserve some domestic games.
Robo to rule :oops:

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Looking at tatenda taibu Twitter account he has made contact with lake. Be interesting to see any outcome

aydee

Post by aydee »

The Robot wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:51 am

Adam Griffe, Kyle Deplock & Micheal Snyder also talented, deserve some domestic games.
:lol: :lol: :lol: