Foster Mutizwa 5000 FC Runs

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Foster Mutizwa 5000 FC Runs

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 am
Waller was a non performing player for a long time but continued to be in and amongst the fringe and has come good on occasion.
Him and PJ got a gift in a dead Ireland attack. Craig was battling in the Logan up but scored in a non-competitive squad practice match and he was in. A horribly Raza flopped against NZ, but avoided SL in ZIM, while being part of the squad so he was off to Europe and SL. Sometimes it's simply a case of being at the right place at the right moment. If Mutizwa had been picked against SA Emerging he might have struggled. But if NED B played FC and he scored a ton he would have been considered. Again if Mountaineers had played last week an dhe did well, he - not Mayavo - would be under consideration.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Moor is incredibly lucky to be in this squad. All the talent in the world but in the past 6 months seems to have struggled.

Mutizwa, the more I think about it, should certainly be getting a look in for some A games at least!

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 am
Again if Mountaineers had played last week an dhe did well, he - not Mayavo - would be under consideration.
I'm just not buying into the Mavayo being part of the camp just yet. If he is a great keeper than that great. But his batting seems to be none existent at the moment. Better off selecting Foster who has been around the block and has the figures to back it up.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

A lot of barbs at mutizwa in yesterday's first day report in the herald. Tiripano apparently played the only impressive innings while mutizwa innings was slow and passive

Jeez he seems to have upset somebody

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

He must have had an issue with the Bvute and Makoni duo because it doesn't make sense why a black player with that kind of average would not get picked for so long. I think any average near 40 in FC cricket can be considered to be good enough to play in the national setup. From my quick research only Taylor Williams and Ervine (Burl is still just 15 games in so I didn't count him) are in the 40s. Followed by Hami on 39 and then Mutizwa and Waller on 38.. makes you wonder what's really going on. He literally has the 5th best FC average in the domestic setup for guys who have played at least 30 games
Last edited by TapsC on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

He must have upset someone.

He may also be marked down for making runs when the national players are away.

Still should have been given a chance to step up in A games at least.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

When you think of guys like Moor, Regis, Mutumbami, Mutombodzi, Maruma, Chari etc with poor List A records getting picked before Fozzie there must be something else to it.

Butcher was the last coach to select him since then Mangongo, Waller, Whatmore & Streak have over looked him.

There must be a story behind it surely
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I've just noticed that Fozzie doesn't keep in this match. Anyone else think that we mess our potential keepers around by not concentrating on two or three guys and have them always keep for their franchise, especially in the Logan Cup? It's often been the same with Regis at Eagles (with Gumbie as replacement), with Moor and earlier BT at Rhinos, and even Mutumbami has at times not donned the gloves once he had made the national team. How do we expect those guys who are only half decent at the best of times to improve and get some consistency going. No wonder that Regis couldn't stick it on day five in SL when he doesn't challenge himself to do the job day in day out.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Has been a FC. Gun for years and a great contributor to zim cricket for a while deserved more test caps !
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

aydee

Post by aydee »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am
I've just noticed that Fozzie doesn't keep in this match. Anyone else think that we mess our potential keepers around by not concentrating on two or three guys and have them always keep for their franchise, especially in the Logan Cup? It's often been the same with Regis at Eagles (with Gumbie as replacement), with Moor and earlier BT at Rhinos, and even Mutumbami has at times not donned the gloves once he had made the national team. How do we expect those guys who are only half decent at the best of times to improve and get some consistency going. No wonder that Regis couldn't stick it on day five in SL when he doesn't challenge himself to do the job day in day out.
I think it is a way of giving lesser cricketers, like Gumbie, Mayavo and Sauramba a role in the team, other than makeshift batsman. However, I totally agree that it is shortsighted, and that the guys in contention to keep for the national team should be keeping in domestic cricket. Firstly for practice, and secondly so that a informed decision can be made about who is best.