[Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 5 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 5 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Post by jaybro »

After all these years you would have thought these guys would start using their feet against Shakib :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ervine actually looked good but again fell outside off stump, BT out first ball then killed us.

Mire is of major concern he's falling into Ervine territory maybe not with the amount of runs but he looks so out of form it's not funny. He looked like a park cricketer out there against Shakib.

Bowling was very good apart from letting the tail enders score 30-40 runs, maybe if we were chasing 180 things may have been different?

We need more guys like Raza who can use their feet against the spinners, can't get Williams back quick enough.

Even if we don't make the final this series has served it's purpose playing 4 games against quality opposition, hopefully on more batsman friendly pitches in Dubai and back home the runs will come.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

It's hard to understand why the boys struggle against SLA spin so much I get that Shakib is a gun but they seem to have learnt nothing over the years they look like deers in the headlights

Things that don't work against SLA -

Trying to slog across the line like Mire

Play from the crease Hami & BT

Play off the back foot

Im no batting coach but for me it's so obvious, the only guy who looked ok against the SLA was Raza because he used his feet

For me you need to use your feet, put them off their line and length.

Easier said than done I guess but Faaaark

Surely the boys must face a lot of Wellington and Chisoro in the nets?? You'd think they'd improve

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Also play straight that’s the main thing

Use your feet play straight if mid on or mid off are back take the single and if they bring them up pick the right ball to hit them over the top

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Also if we ever get the pleasure again of touring BD in the not to distant future I’d be playing as lefties as possible in the middle order

Hami
BT
Ervine
Williams
Burl
Raza
Mire

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

So are we going to actually accept that things are wrong, or are we all going to pretend that things are still good?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:03 am
So are we going to actually accept that things are wrong, or are we all going to pretend that things are still good?
Who's pretending ??

Plenty of people here calling for heads to roll but not many solutions, I'd love to know who these match winners are who aren't in the side now?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 am
Also if we ever get the pleasure again of touring BD in the not to distant future I’d be playing as lefties as possible in the middle order

Hami
BT
Ervine
Williams
Burl
Raza
Mire
There is a Test tour next year I believe. will surely have ODIs too as its a WC year.

My thoughts about the tri series in general:

1) Lanka are playing atrocious cricket. I dont think the current bunch has the talent to be much higher than 8th ranked side, but it may also be that are out of form. then again the margins by which they have lost indicates that its not form, its their lack of skill or class in all departments.

2) ZIM are repeating the same mistakes as the past decade plus. If the bowling is good as it was today the batting is poor and vice versa. Only one or at most two batsmen shows up in any given innings.

3) Bangladesh need more of a test/contribution of/from their middle order (Sabbir, Nasir). With the Big 4 batting in the top 5 as solidly as they are, the middle order hasnt gotten many chances. They blew it today.

4) Jarvis has lost serious pace...hes trundling in at 125 to 128. But he is a much cannier bowler. Been amongst the wickets and been ZIM best seamer by a distance.

5) Cremer has bowled quite well. Also providng value with the bat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I was impressed with Mire in the SL series. But then SL bowling has been exposed in recent months barring one fluke up in Dharamsala. Mire is a slogger. He will come good once in 15-20 innings. He may actually far better on pitches with pace and bounce given his penchat for pulling and cutting with a horizontal bat. But those tracks come with Rabada or Cummins bowling on them.

Hamilton I was surprised by in SL and the Windies Tests. But I remained skeptical given he's been around the better part of 2 decades :o (black Tendulkar!). But his real test will be this tri series against quality bowling and in the matches vs Afghanistan (quality bowling) and Ireland (clutch situation in ICC event). You include Netherlands Windies Scotland too if its a kockout.

Ervine is class. At least I still think so. He has a technical flaw or two but so does most everyone.

Taylor is class but maybe he's past his prime. His form at Notts was declining all last year. Never the fittest guy so that might be slowing him down a bit. A few less pounds and that footwork and batspeed may help. You still back him to show up. Needs to improve his terrible away record.

Raza and Cremer. Superb.

Jarvis. Almost as good as the above.

Blessing. Lots of potential. Stick with him even if he gets tonked at times.

Chatara. Meh performance but he has a solid record. Keep backing him for now.

Everyone else should either be dropped or if young, needs to hit the nets and work on mental toughness and situational skills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Harsh on Chatara and Hami Kriterion

I agree with Mire though he has been exposed badly on this tour

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

This tour is harsh on a talent being dropped, who were just begin to show their skills. Tarisai Musakanda, sets high standard in fielding, technically correct, busy player suits to odi cricket, looked good in getting 30s & 40s in Sri Lankan tour, but dropped.

Ryan Burl, should be developed as an opening batsman, shown glimpse of talent he has in the pink ball against top quality bowling attack.

Unrevealed reason for dropping one of the automatic choice of odi cricket, Sean Williams

Solomon Mire is an average cricketer, in one match he will look great in other he will reflect as a biggest failure, goes for slog with every balls, can improve if takes time.

Craig Ervine going through bad patch.

Taylor & Jarvis are still better enough, just needs to come out from their nature they accustomed to with 3 yr Kolpak deal in County Cricket.

Needs to find out replacement for Peter Moor & Malcolm Waller, both are below average