[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbot

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v West Indies HSC

Post by zimbot »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:54 am
eugene wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:40 am
I think Zimbabwe have a good chance at winning this, but we are going to need more runs. Time for the Ervinator!
Ervine actually looked really good against Ireland until he was run-out

I'd be moving him back up the order the best way to avoid is stop it before it starts

We could open with Hami move Mire down to 7 and Ervine back to 3 or 4

He also has a very good record v Windies averaging 54 http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... pe=batting
Ervine hasn't been doing well when he's been asked to come out early against some good fast bowling. In that SL-BAN-ZIM tri-series he was dismissed early in all his innings nibbling at balls bowled around the fourth/fifth stump line. I don't think he'll last long if he walks out to face Holder/Roach in the 2nd over at 3/1.

I'd keep him where he is. He seems more comfortable there. He is a decent player of spin after all.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

So we forget he’s scored two hundreds and countless big scores batting top 4 because of 1 bad series ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh ervine seems to be looking handy lately and has made runs when it mattered against Scotland ( match winning knock ) , only change I wouldn’t change the lineup for this game but I really think we are a batter short. I would have Chisoro move up to 8 as he looks a more solid bat than cremer. Very confident of a big score coming this game , feel like the windies are due a massive choke
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:18 am
Yeh ervine seems to be looking handy lately and has made runs when it mattered against Scotland ( match winning knock ) , only change I wouldn’t change the lineup for this game but I really think we are a batter short. I would have Chisoro move up to 8 as he looks a more solid bat than cremer. Very confident of a big score coming this game , feel like the windies are due a massive choke
They may have already had it though, against Afg!

WI will be seeing this as a crucial match, I think they'll be coming out firing.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t think it will be weather affected. Blue sky this morning. Only chance is if there’s a build up of conventional cloud later. Can’t say for sure just yet but looks ok.
This has been a tense few weeks, all coming to a head now. Just need a clean win so this knot in my stomach will go away.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

That record hangs over our head too. Surely no player will want to be 'that' team

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:02 am
WI will be seeing this as a crucial match, I think they'll be coming out firing.
Wanting to come out firing and pulling it off are two very different pairs of shoes. The Windies know they absolutely must win both their remaining matches to avoid the ignominy of being the first Windies team to miss a WC, so no pressure ... :)

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Its all come to the business end now. Zimbabwe have the luxury of needing one win out of two. So not much pressure on todays game. The boys just have to be at their best and hope things go their way. But feel we are winning today.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

UXBCC
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by UXBCC »

Won the toss and batting first.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya pressure on Windies must be immense.