Status of National Team Players

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Status of National Team Players

Post by jaybro »

Anyone have any idea of what is going on with the national team players and if they're returning or quitting ??

From the 15 man Qualifiers squad this is all I can see

Cephas Zhuwao - Still around

Hamilton - Still Around

Chatara - Still around

Blessing - Still around

Ngarava - Still Around

Chisoro - Still Around

Jarvis - Hasn't played but said on twitter he's injured and will return soon.

If anyone can fill in the blanks that wuld be good.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Re: Status of National Team Players

Post by Mueddie28 »

Streak is not a racist but only black players are the only players , playing in the domestic league
Does Streak has favoritism of white players
Examples
M Waller
Burl

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

The only person I actually think is not around is Mire. The next round will confirm who is really thinking what as the tuskers have Williams Ervine and Raza.

Its a tough one. If im Raza im thinking I dont like the system but imagine if I smash the Aussies around and what doors that could open for me. Mire too. He has an Aussie passport now, he plays well against them and he could get a decent gig down under. A lot of our guys have the hitting ability to become t20 rebels. They jusst need the exposure. Not IPL level but they could make a few leagues around the world

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Raza is back in the country and should be ready to face the Eagles in the next round. I questioned his making a showing in his Zim Cricket jersey at the Howzit academy last instead of being part of the FC cricket and he promptly responded that his team the Tuskers were on a by.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Graeme in Dubai should be back soon

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Nathan Waller & Jeremy Ives will be back for the Eagles.

Mark Olonga and Daniel Jakiel will be the part of domestic t20
Robo to rule :oops:

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 am
Streak is not a racist but only black players are the only players , playing in the domestic league
Does Streak has favoritism of white players
Examples
M Waller
Burl
Whites who haven’t got a lot of talent aren’t treated well in the setup.
We have a layer cake situation where the whites who are highly talented are welcomed and treated well but if you aren’t at national level then they don’t want to know you so they leave.

In zim if you’re white you better be good.

But if you’re only Logan cup level then blacker the better
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Whites who leaves Zimbabwe appear as Garry Ballance, Colin de Grandhomme, Hilton Cartwright, Tom Curran for other nation in their national team set ups, with some great performances.

Whereas logan cup legendary Zimbabwe black players like Zhuwao, Chibhabha, Chakabva, Chigumbura, Sibanda, Chari, proves themselves as a club standard smashers, even against the associates.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Looks like everyone is coming back, thats the good news. The bad news is they were all here when ZIM lost to the UAE and barely scrapped by Scotland (the Afghan win was actually an achievement, more so given how much the Afghans had the game in the bag).

If Mire is the only casualty, thats a non-loss in my book. Apart from 2 innings vs a depleted Sri Lanka side, has Mire even hit a fifty in international cricket? He's a bit better than Cephas, but thats only because Mire will only slog 2 out of 3 deliveries he faces.

The guys who could make lucrative T20 careers in any non-IPL league are Taylor and Raza (overall quality), Cremer and Hamilton (good T20 stats), and Waller (big hitting). I wouldn't pay for a guy as inconsistent as Williams and Ervine isn't a hit-from-the-go type which is almost a necessity in T20s.

Overall its a glass half full situation. Yay that no one left, but thats because their sum total performance didn't warrant enough interest. This ended up being a rather cynical post, but thats why I've tried to cut down my posting here. If you can't say something positive, best to keep your thoughts to yourself. Its also helped that there hasn't been any international fixtures.

The series against Pakistan and Australia should be exciting (especially if ZIM plays one or two new players) and serve to indicate how much ZIM fan interest remains in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Those stadiums were only full because it was free. The last paying full game I saw was SA versus Australia at HSC. This team has disappointed countless times. They were bowled out for 54 last year against Afghanistan in a the deciding ODI in Harare. Truth be told besides Sri Lanka they have been poor.

Most of these guys are not good enough to go anywhere. Thats just the hard truth.