#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by eugene »

I am seeing claims from a former ZCFer in the twitterverse that the current board will be out by the end of the month. Anyone else think this has credibility?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

eugene wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:08 pm
I am seeing claims from a former ZCFer in the twitterverse that the current board will be out by the end of the month. Anyone else think this has credibility?
Hard to say without seeing what you're talking about. Feel free to DM me the twitter handle.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It is from bayhaus who doesn't seem to appear around these parts much anymore.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am
eugene wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 pm
The ICC have voiced their support for ZC, thus the issue of governance of cricket in Zimbabwe is closed.
Could also have something to do with those claiming they can bring the board down not doing anything. Could also have something to do with the players not standing by one another. Could also have something to do with journalists in the country not taking ZC to task (Looking directly at Melhuli when I say this one)
That guy appears to be nothing more than a ZC/Zanu PF stooge.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s hard to understand. Everyone sees the sad state we’re in yet this Board and the previous ones (they’re all interconnected) still have some support. A couple of outspoken guys trying to get rid of these fellows are now actually getting death threats. You’d think that would be something you could get the police involved in, but of course they wouldn’t do anything. Were it the other way around they would already be in custody and having a manual attitude adjustment.
This for me is why the top dogs should be independently wealthy and be prepared to work for a nominal fee. The accounts dept should be run by a Scrooge- every claim, receipt etc should be properly scrutinized and if there’s just a whiff of corruption that person should be prosecuted so this nonsense is stamped out completely.
It’s the only way this will be successful. It’s not going to happen, but the closer we can get to this the better.
If Campell’s plan of a two or three franchise system works then they can scrap these ridiculous provincial boards. Everyone wants to be a Board member, a director or a manager. Half a dozen people can run cricket in this country, even less.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

eugene wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:02 am
It is from bayhaus who doesn't seem to appear around these parts much anymore.
I can't seem to see anything on his twitter. I might be missing it somewhere
Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 am
It’s hard to understand. Everyone sees the sad state we’re in yet this Board and the previous ones (they’re all interconnected) still have some support. A couple of outspoken guys trying to get rid of these fellows are now actually getting death threats. You’d think that would be something you could get the police involved in, but of course they wouldn’t do anything. Were it the other way around they would already be in custody and having a manual attitude adjustment.
This for me is why the top dogs should be independently wealthy and be prepared to work for a nominal fee. The accounts dept should be run by a Scrooge- every claim, receipt etc should be properly scrutinized and if there’s just a whiff of corruption that person should be prosecuted so this nonsense is stamped out completely.
It’s the only way this will be successful. It’s not going to happen, but the closer we can get to this the better.
If Campell’s plan of a two or three franchise system works then they can scrap these ridiculous provincial boards. Everyone wants to be a Board member, a director or a manager. Half a dozen people can run cricket in this country, even less.
Zim has become a country of everyone wanting to be rich but no one wanting to work for it. That is what is happening around ZC too. People just wanting to take money and being given it for no reason. Hence all the members, directors etc etc.

Running Zim Cricket is not an impossible job. It can be done, unfortunately it is just not the right people in charge. I've said many times before, the lads on here could do a better job running the game and they would not even ask for the hefty pay checks.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 am
Do you have a link to that podcast?

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Sounds like he spoke to you. This is exactly what you have been saying.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

15 yrs ago the cricket community was smaller and whilst Zimbabwe was an outlier, very much apart of the Test family.

When news of the rebellion hit, it made news, even here in oz it was broadcast in the papers and tv. Not massively, but it got airtime.
Now in the expanded t29 world we are just a blip on the radar. Zim never makes news. No one cares anymore. People who knew probably are just rolling their eyes saying ‘typical’ and people who don’t know still don’t know.

Zim have fucked themselves
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*