Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4788
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Corona

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 am

Trump and a few others didn't make great decisions (or some good, some bad) but that doesn't mean the situation is their fault. They didn't invite the problem.
Apart from closing the border (an answer to everything), I can't think of many good decisions we've made regarding COVID? Even shutting the border doesn't really count because its a no brainer, and he may have done it for all the wrong reasons (to keep select people out) as opposed to the right reasons (to keep COVID+ people out). The list of questionable to bad decisions we've made are many however:

1) attempting to open the country up on April 15 before gradually being compelled by Fauci and the CDC to extend the lockdowns till May 1
2) claiming without evidence that COVID will disappear in 2 weeks
3) pushing hydroxycholoroquine when there is at best scant evidence that it works in any clinically significant way
4) not wearing a mask himself, but requiring anyone who comes near him to wear one
5) cutting funding to the WHO which hurts in 2 ways: 1) it creates more of a vacuum for China to assert control and 2) hampers WHO organization efforts to combate diseases in poor countries, which will once again find there way to American shores once travel does open up again
6) suggesting that injecting bleach/disinfectant is a viable treatment
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1701
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Corona

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 am
And what matters even more is who’s going to pay for all these deaths! Who’s going to take responsibility for it? As I said earlier on the thread I’ve lost a close family member to it and it disgusts me that we couldn’t hold his hand and say goodbye. There has to be a reckoning somewhere along the line.
Really sorry to hear of the loss mate. Hope you and the family are well and are showered with comfort and strength to get through such a difficult moment. You have an extended ZCF family here too.

It is stories like this that make it all the more important to follow certain rules. These protests and constant 'dick measuring' contests serve no purpose. That guy who refused to wear a mask in Costco and then said he is not a sheep for example. The whole, 'its our freedom' that is being taken away and all that bullshit needs to stop. It is not about you. It is about the thousands who are dying and are doing so alone without anyone there. No one even there to bury them or help them. It is about the doctors and nurses on the front line risking their lives to try and save others. It is about those who are vulnerable to this disease and should be given every opportunity to not be exposed to it all because you have to get your perm done.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 am

Trump and a few others didn't make great decisions (or some good, some bad) but that doesn't mean the situation is their fault. They didn't invite the problem.
Who should pay I definitely agree with. Countries have lost a lot all because of some negligence or insistence of culture, which has ultimately cost lives and broken economies. I've never been a fan of China policy and their attitude, and they need to be taken down a peg or two.

What I don't really agree with is this idea that Trump is the only one standing up to China. As much as I do not like the guy, Scott Morrison has been vigorously demanding repercussions on China and wants answers. The difference is that one is doing it to stroke their ego, the other is doing it as a matter of national interest.

Trump turned this whole situation in to a Republican vs Democrat issue, even to the point of blaming Obama and dismissing his Virus team purely because it was not his team. Yes, it could be argued that certain Dems did the same, but Trump and the Republicans took it to the next level. The video evidence is proof enough. All the protests, and twitter abuse of Dem Governors, the maligning of the media, the ridicule and belittling towards media personnel, the lies and advocating of fake medicines, or the pushing of party propaganda has all led to the situation in the USA being far worse than it needs to be.

No one invited this problem, but not everyone handled it the same.

jimmylesaint
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Corona

Post by jimmylesaint »

My homeopath said ground up carrot and coriander cures it.

You need to change homeopaths.
Eat fruit skin especially lemon and orange peel- full of Hesperedin which prevents the virus S-protein from taking hold.
Or hydrochloroquine WITH azithromycin AND Zinc for at least 7days deals with mild to moderate cases of Covid,

As for closing borders etc....please...... anyone who thinks this virus started on the 31/12/2019 is bat shit crazy.

Does Trump and Boris Johnson realise they have been led down the garden path...yes hence the relaxing of the stupidity.

The ignorance displayed by thepeople in charge has been straight from the stone age!

The blame lies with the individual governments as China didn;t make them bolt the gate when the horses had already escaped.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4513
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Corona

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm
sloandog wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 am
And what matters even more is who’s going to pay for all these deaths! Who’s going to take responsibility for it? As I said earlier on the thread I’ve lost a close family member to it and it disgusts me that we couldn’t hold his hand and say goodbye. There has to be a reckoning somewhere along the line.
Really sorry to hear of the loss mate. Hope you and the family are well and are showered with comfort and strength to get through such a difficult moment. You have an extended ZCF family here too.

It is stories like this that make it all the more important to follow certain rules. These protests and constant 'dick measuring' contests serve no purpose. That guy who refused to wear a mask in Costco and then said he is not a sheep for example. The whole, 'its our freedom' that is being taken away and all that bullshit needs to stop. It is not about you. It is about the thousands who are dying and are doing so alone without anyone there. No one even there to bury them or help them. It is about the doctors and nurses on the front line risking their lives to try and save others. It is about those who are vulnerable to this disease and should be given every opportunity to not be exposed to it all because you have to get your perm done.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 am

Trump and a few others didn't make great decisions (or some good, some bad) but that doesn't mean the situation is their fault. They didn't invite the problem.
Who should pay I definitely agree with. Countries have lost a lot all because of some negligence or insistence of culture, which has ultimately cost lives and broken economies. I've never been a fan of China policy and their attitude, and they need to be taken down a peg or two.

What I don't really agree with is this idea that Trump is the only one standing up to China. As much as I do not like the guy, Scott Morrison has been vigorously demanding repercussions on China and wants answers. The difference is that one is doing it to stroke their ego, the other is doing it as a matter of national interest.

Trump turned this whole situation in to a Republican vs Democrat issue, even to the point of blaming Obama and dismissing his Virus team purely because it was not his team. Yes, it could be argued that certain Dems did the same, but Trump and the Republicans took it to the next level. The video evidence is proof enough. All the protests, and twitter abuse of Dem Governors, the maligning of the media, the ridicule and belittling towards media personnel, the lies and advocating of fake medicines, or the pushing of party propaganda has all led to the situation in the USA being far worse than it needs to be.

No one invited this problem, but not everyone handled it the same.
Trump has been at China for years, his 1988 rant against them is almost identical to today's.
I think Morrison has only been emboldened to attack China because of Trump. Otherwise he would be a lone wolf and kept quiet. He knows that attacking China backfiring means he has a friend still in Trump. Not a bad strategy.

The five eyes nations are going to become tight trade partners, I can feel it.

If somehow the bear joins them and can be trusted, it's a formidable bloc.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4788
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Corona

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:19 am
The five eyes nations are going to become tight trade partners, I can feel it.

If somehow the bear joins them and can be trusted, it's a formidable bloc.
Never heard the 5 eyes term before. New one for me.

I can't see NZ under Ardern or Canada under Trudeau going lockstep behind Trump-Johnson-Morrison. The trans-atlantic alliance has been weakening for the past 4 years and will weaken further as the EU feels increasingly abandoned with the news that the US is leaving the Open Skies treaty. There is already a rift due to differences in the Iran Deal. Johnson for his part will have his hands full renegotiating trade deals with everyone post-Brexit. As far as Russia goes, they can't be trusted.

There is one formidable bloc and one formidable bloc only and that is NATO (US, EU, Canada + Australia +/- Turkey) but the two biggest components (US and EU) are more and more at odds as each month passes.

A Biden presidency could potentially begin a period of rapprochement.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 4788
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Corona

Post by Kriterion_BD »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-w ... =home-page

Not that we needed any proof, but the Sweden method seems now to be a total failure. Sweden now has the highest per capita death rate in Europe.

Whats more, the % of Swedes with antibodies to coronavirus is more or less the same (7%) as countries that had lockdowns. A mere 7% when you need 80% plus to achieve herd immunity.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1701
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Corona

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:00 am


As for closing borders etc....please...... anyone who thinks this virus started on the 31/12/2019 is bat shit crazy.

When did it start because Australia was banning flights in January?

Also, what is your point, and why are you trying to make one that no one is disagreeing with you about?
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:19 am

Trump has been at China for years, his 1988 rant against them is almost identical to today's.
I think Morrison has only been emboldened to attack China because of Trump. Otherwise he would be a lone wolf and kept quiet. He knows that attacking China backfiring means he has a friend still in Trump. Not a bad strategy.

The five eyes nations are going to become tight trade partners, I can feel it.

If somehow the bear joins them and can be trusted, it's a formidable bloc.
The thing with Trump, for me, is that he talks the big talk, but he has so many invested interests in China and with China that it hard to take what happens on the front as real when behind the scenes it is a totally different story.

Also, I don't think Morrison has been emboldened by Trump. You can see him acting a little differently. There are even members in his party who disagree with him and his approach and Morrison stands to lose more from going after China. I know him and Trump are buddies, but this idea that Trump 'leads everything and does everything' and is 'the messiah' is getting out of hand.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 4513
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Corona

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I agree about NATO. It's place for peaceful stability is huge.
I know Trump has disdain for it because USA funds it, and the Baltic's (especially Estonia) for example gain the most but can only contribute a little, but it's soft power for the USA and allows the USA to set up shop along the Russian border to keep eyes on things.
Before NATO, Russia would instinctively devour all nations it has cultural and geographical similarities too.

That's what people need to know about Russia.

When Australia, NZ for example see a country with cultural and historical similarities, the instinct is to become allies. Russia on the other hand, sees such countries as something to consume and swallow up.

A smart Russia should aggressively pursue and make sacrifices to build strong allies with the UK and USA, and stop with the internal media talk of trying to take back the Baltic's and Ukraine.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Posts: 7597
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Corona

Post by Jemisi »

Morrison is not buddies with Trump.

Trump is a massive problem for Morrison to handle, somewhat akin to the delicacy required with Xi.

Howard was buddies with Bush. They had a good deal more common ground. And the countries have plenty of common ground.

Morrison and Albo are more likely to be on the same page than Morrison and Trump.

If you transported him to the US he'd more likely be a never Trumper.

jimmylesaint
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Corona

Post by jimmylesaint »

Also, what is your point, and why are you trying to make one that no one is disagreeing with you about?
What's crawling around in your girlie knickers?
Read the posts and you'll see splattered around is discussion on people not shutting down in time, making bad decisions,% of people who will die or survive according to lock down length etc.
My point is simply aimed at these posts that seem to think the virus miraculously was born on 31/12/2019 which denotes how fast or slow decisions ar made to lock down. The virus was out and round the entire world before Xmas.
The rest is is just buggery
Once again Trump got it right but should have stuck to his guns and kept USA open.

Kriterion BD Sweden is an astounding success here is some decent reading fro all view points

Post Reply