India / Sri Lanka Triangular Series Confirmed

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: India / Sri Lanka Triangular Series Confirmed

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Great series to look forward to. If Zim catches the eye against these two top rankers, it would definitely become easier to bargain for a test return ;). But I'm slightly concerned as well, a performance similar to the last 3 in WI would be treated with brutality that would be orders of magnitude higher than what WI could do.
jamthala wrote:who will going to broadcast the series.is it bcci or zim cri tournament,
Must be Ten Sports.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

maehara wrote:I think it's worth remembering that we gave Sri Lanka a good run for their money last time they were in Zim, and only lost in that series due to some questionable tactical decisions / failure to go for the kill. ...
That is bound to happen again as we saw in WI. How can u explain the unchanged squad for the 4th ODI and decision to chase after winning toss? I am pretty sure, Utseya is not going to be sacked as captain and if he is at the helm there is absolutely no chance to win. Secondly, i am aware of Campbell's fondness for Matsi and probably he will be in the final 15 too. That means Coventry out again and Lamb unncessarily dragged again.

It is difficult for me to digest that the trio of Houghton, Streaky, Campbell couldnot convince Chawaguta to include coventry.
CrimsonAvenger wrote: But I'm slightly concerned as well, a performance similar to the last 3 in WI would be treated with brutality that would be orders of magnitude higher than what WI could do.
5 spinners against these two asian giants will hit back zimbabwe and the magnitude of defeat would be much higher provided these two countries are not checking their bench strength.
If Coventry, Blignaut, Rainsford, Williams are not played regulary in this series then hope for the worst.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

Hopefully Butcher,is not a big fan of 5 spinners especially against the Asian sides, he will have to give Streak a task of working hard with our seamers, Mpariwa, Rainsford, Blignuat included, we should bat better in our own territory, though we have to shuffle the batting order. Matsi, Sibanda out, Coventry & Williams in.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

It's clear to me that we missed Sean Williams on the Windies tour. His stability and solid technique would have been perfect when we were in desperate need of a batsmen of his class. He'd be a welcome member to the squad.

Horo

Post by Horo »

this is great news and adds credability to the return to test cricket that teams of this calibre are willing to not only play zimbabwe but travel to zimbabwe to play them

hopefully the squad is abit different and this will be alan butchers first shot at being in complete control personally id of liked to of seen kyle jarvis play in this series zims tactic of 3 - 4 spinners wont be as effective this series

gusman

Post by gusman »

Zimbabwe must play three pace players in the ODI's!!!

Whether it be-
Masakadza, Mpofu, Jarvis, Price, Utseya
Jarvis, Blignaut, Mpofu, Price, Cremer.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

this is the team i'd pick, injuries aside and assuming that no old faces make a return before then (including arnoldus).

1 Hamilton masakadzaka
2 Taylor
3 Williams
4 Tai-bong
5 Chuck Coventry
6 lamb
7 elton
8 Kramer
9 prospa/jarvis pending pitch conditions
10 Rainsford
11 Price (c)

standby batsmen:
craig ervine
Doug marillier

bowlers:
maruma
maripawara (spelling)
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

OH maaaaaan!!! Last time I came up for the SRI series and though we lost that series I thoroughly enjoyed it! And now I was planning to come up for HIFA and would have to come back before the month is up for that series...DILEMMA!
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

mdm

Post by mdm »

Who knows we could be playing those last 2 twenty20 matches against India as the world champions! anything is possible :D .

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

mdm wrote:Who knows we could be playing those last 2 twenty20 matches against India as the world champions! anything is possible :D .
it is 20:80 chance i must say
God Always Favors Brave Always