1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by TapsC2 »

It’s a tough one because as much as I want BT to open, Kamunhukamwe for all his striking ability does not have a high strike rate because he doesn’t find the gap regularly. This would then put pressure on BT to accelerate and we can’t afford to lose him early. I would rather he comes in at 4 and hold the innings together. Let Wes and Marumani have another go.

A wildcard would be Jongwe opening. From what I saw he has enough power to do damage in the powerplay. What I saw from Jongwe looked like a player who might not have the best domestic stats but can handle the pressure of playing at the highest level unlike a Maruma for example.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:22 pm
It’s a tough one because as much as I want BT to open, Kamunhukamwe for all his striking ability does not have a high strike rate because he doesn’t find the gap regularly. This would then put pressure on BT to accelerate and we can’t afford to lose him early. I would rather he comes in at 4 and hold the innings together. Let Wes and Marumani have another go.

A wildcard would be Jongwe opening. From what I saw he has enough power to do damage in the powerplay. What I saw from Jongwe looked like a player who might not have the best domestic stats but can handle the pressure of playing at the highest level unlike a Maruma for example.
I must admit I considered this.
We need the two best strikers at the top, simple.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Just noticed Ervine is out tomorrow :(

I’d be tempted Chuck musakanda straight into the team,my xi for tomorrow would be:

Kamukhamwe
Musakanda
Taylor (wk)
Madhevere
Marumani
Burl
Williams (c)
Jongwe
Muzarabani
Wellington
Chivanga

This could be a last chance saloon for k long, hoping he can prove us wrong tomorrow with a decent knock. I like the idea of having Williams and Jongwe as finishers, giving madhevere and Marumani a chance to build an innings.

Hoping Williams has a bowl tomorrow, he underrates himself as a bowler but he is a key bowler for the side and can be very economical.

I’ve added Chivanga as ngrava didn’t perform first game, think He deserves a chance.

Cal