2023 WCQ | non-Zimbabwe matches

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 2023 WCQ | non-Zimbabwe matches

Post by tej_27 »

https://twitter.com/KNCBcricket/status/ ... b0HBg&s=19
Looks like they have really enjoyed their tour . Helps if you qualify though

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:30 pm
Googly wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:28 pm
The Scots saved their best bowling for us. Their bowling unit was not the same today.
Or maybe it was more of us screwing up
100%

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:58 pm
Yea there'll be a few guys coming back in for the world cup which isn't fair. Van Der Merwe has to come back in and so does Van Meekern, Ackerman perhaps?

It'll be brutal on the boys who have got them there. Floyd the left arm spinner must be feeling the pinch with RVDM coming back in
It's not brutal at all , you pick your best side it's not junior cricket

Andy31
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Andy31 »

It just amazing for a side to beat 3 full members and not make it. The opportunities Ireland got in those bigger world cups is probably a big reason they got to full membership in the first place.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:33 pm
This is why for me personally there are no excuses for Tuesday. Let's not shield people from their failures. We can't keep going through the same thing. You can have all the talent in the world but if your world is based on fear and failure then you will never make it. All the talent in the world and they failed.

I would rather go through pain with people I know are learning than 37 year olds who can't read a match situation
That's their legacy. Whether we like it or not. Let's not excuse mediocre behavior and mentality. They failed.

What's the difference between what Bas de Leede went through and Sikandar Raza? Same situation. 1 person had the mentality, the other was doomed to fail
Its true Taps all I would say is that since Sikki has given so much to Zim cricket, we need to let this go and not make him feel guilty. I know it was a amatuer mistake, criminal to do that 3 times in a row (inc SL match as well) but that's the way he plays and yes, he doesn't read the game well.

I strongly agree with your point though that this is the time to invest and rebuild. I've seen some of us willing to stick with the Big three until 2027, that is not on. As much as I love them that is simply backward thinking.

We need them to guide the youngsters for the next 2 years, I'm all for them playing at T20 WC next year... But come 2027, Zimbabwe needs a younger and stronger team.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:00 pm
A lot of people here feel dutch will go with van der merwe . But I don't think they will in a 50 overs cup .I am surprised no one named Tim Pringle who is surely to play as a lone spinner. Also Fred klassen is a must he is class act on his day ideal dutch line up would be
O dowd
Vikram singh
Ackerman
Bas de leede
Tom Cooper
Scott Edwards
Teja nidamanru or Musa Ahmad (whoever is in form)
Logan van Beek
Tim Pringle
Paul van meekeren
Fred klassen
Also I won't be surprised if van Beek gets called up for NZ
Tim Pringle has moved to New Zealand and is trying to get into their setup, doubt he will be seen in the Netherlands again unless he fails there.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

There’s a quite large crowd in for the SL/Ned game which is interesting. And great to see

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:33 am
There’s a quite large crowd in for the SL/Ned game which is interesting. And great to see
haha everyone coming just for the vibes. Hope to see similar stuff in the wc

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

CalZim wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:15 am
tej_27 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:00 pm
A lot of people here feel dutch will go with van der merwe . But I don't think they will in a 50 overs cup .I am surprised no one named Tim Pringle who is surely to play as a lone spinner. Also Fred klassen is a must he is class act on his day ideal dutch line up would be
O dowd
Vikram singh
Ackerman
Bas de leede
Tom Cooper
Scott Edwards
Teja nidamanru or Musa Ahmad (whoever is in form)
Logan van Beek
Tim Pringle
Paul van meekeren
Fred klassen
Also I won't be surprised if van Beek gets called up for NZ
Tim Pringle has moved to New Zealand and is trying to get into their setup, doubt he will be seen in the Netherlands again unless he fails there.
Tim Pringle is already a newzealander much like van Beek . But till the time he doesn't play for nz national team he can continue playing for nz domestic team and Dutch national team like van Beek