Zimbabwe Vs Netherlands | ICC CWC Qualifier | 20 June 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Netherlands | ICC CWC Qualifier | 20 June 2023

Post by Googly »

West Indies and Sri Lanka look very strong, particularly WI.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:34 pm
West Indies and Sri Lanka look very strong, particularly WI.
I think SL are stronger, we'll see them crush Oman tomorrow

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kaia has to play. He got runs against them a few months ago. Tough tough choices but if Wes has to play then Gumbie for Kaia. Tough one but Kaia has to play.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

:roll:
jaybro wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:50 am
They're definitely not sweeping as much these days.

Williams last two innings have been chanceless really, he never once looked like getting out or playing a bad shot, until he did of course get out finally.

Sure they're playing a lot of shots, but I don't think it's risky to play a big shot if it's the right shot. For example, when Williams is hitting a full ball by the spinner over mid-off's head, it's not a risky shot IMO just because it's hit in the air.

Wes is playing risky shots because they're not the right shots for that particular field or ball.

I do agree that Williams, Raza and Ervine will be tested more so against the likes of SL & WI, but they're scored runs against these guys before so there's no reason they can't do it again, especially on these flat decks.
Williams is class…I’d back him to score runs against Australia or India (like Taylor did before). I’m less certain about Ervine or Raza in the same scenario. And I’m even less sure about Wes or Marumani - although both have their career best scores vs Australia in Australia!

They do seem to be sweeping less. Perhaps why they have been more successful. But also the sweep is often a shot of last resort. People often rely on it when they can’t score by driving or cutting/pulling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:19 pm
Sean Williams seems to always be the supporting act throughout his career, and this tournament so far has epitomised that.

Record breaking 100 in the first game but Ervine is the star and MOTM. Goes too close to beating that record 2 days later only to get out in the 90s and gets upstaged by Raza who breaks his record.

Something very poetic about that I reckon.
Raza picking up his man of the series award on his behalf today :lol: