Logan Cup 10th-13th Jan | Mountaineers Vs Eagles | Tuskers Vs Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Logan Cup 10th-13th Jan | Mountaineers Vs Eagles | Tuskers Vs Rhinos

Post by Googly »

Well it's only day 2. He could keep going all day. 400?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If I could just predict the future in 2028 I see a team with the Welch brothers, Naqvi brothers, Bennet, Myers and the experienced captain Gumbie leading from the front :lol:

Making Naqvi captain already plus him playing for the U25s is a statement of intent. At the moment he is doing his talking with the bat

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

^ no Jono Campbell in your crystal ball fella?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well I heard Naqvi was invited to trials, got there 5 minutes late and was told to do 20 laps and promptly packed his bags and left. I can't say for certain if that's true, but its what I heard. Ditto Bhawa.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm
If I could just predict the future in 2028 I see a team with the Welch brothers, Naqvi brothers, Bennet, Myers and the experienced captain Gumbie leading from the front :lol:

Making Naqvi captain already plus him playing for the U25s is a statement of intent. At the moment he is doing his talking with the bat
Giving captaincy to senior players going thru the motions is a waste of time. I agree with him as captain, if you want someone to shake the tree (not that that is the intention here :lol: ) then make him captain. The fall out with ageing senior players dragging weed will be imminent and beneficial.

jw2
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jw2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:24 pm
What’s the highest ever Logan Cup score?!?

Zhuwao got 265 a few years ago I think. Anything higher than that?
Zhuwao holds the LC first-class record score as of right now, but back in the 70s Brian Davison once scored 299.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Wow. 250. Don't know what to think about this bloke but he is within touching distance of the first triple in Logan cup history. A terrible bowling attack to be fair but still a mountain of runs.

Good to see centuries at the top from Curran and Kasuza

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Houghton has the overall Zim record of 266 although it was in a test match if I remember correctly. I guess his record is safe because technically Naqvi isn’t Zimbabwean yet

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The weather also isn’t looking good. It will be a tough morning to bat

Googly

Post by Googly »

This weather and these pitches are really strange. Both decks were dead flat yesterday, but the day before they were treacherous.
In the Eagles/Mountaineers game Maruma and Myers look well set against a very poor Eagles bowling attack who seem to only have 2 seamers?? They surely can't have gone into a 4 day game with only two? Sajjad looks like he might be injured as he's only bowled 5 overs. Falao looks very very ordinary. Alex Russell had a terrible day with drag downs and Roach is a part timer and Takodza is not troubling the batters at all. I see even NW has been given a couple of overs. Unless Sajjad comes out firing this morning Mountaineers are going to put up a huge total as well.