5th T20I | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh | May 12, 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: 5th T20I | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh | May 12, 2024

Post by Googly »

Bennett has cemented his spot as opener with this innings, but as a fact he was lucky early on. He's prepared to play his shots though, all power to him. We've not seen any opener get such a good start for a while.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yeah coming from good sporting families also helps.

I can see Madhevere and Bennet as the future opening pair for Zimbabwe in white ball cricket.

This series despite the poor results has genuinely seen some positives for Zimbabwe. Other than Bennett and Campbell, I think even Jongwe, Blessing and Ngarava have had good performances.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I feel desperate for Maru. He's a lot better than he looks. Just can't get it together. Bennett was going so well he could have nudged it around for a bit, didn't think that through.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jongwe's batting is shite. And if you're going to bowl a beamer every last over...has a golden arm though. Evans is better all day every day.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We're winning this game.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Too early a start for me on a Sunday :lol: :lol:

The chase is looking good!

Marumani isn’t looking the greatest. Surely he’s heading to the same kind of territory Wez was, where the selectors have backed him and will persist basically praying he’ll get a score to justify his selection. Other guys have been chopped for less.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:17 am
Jongwe's batting is shite. And if you're going to bowl a beamer every last over...has a golden arm though. Evans is better all day every day.
Agreed. He is wayward at times but does have a golden arm. Evans is the opposite, he bowls well without getting wickets. I was particularly impressed with his bowling in the 4th T20, did bowl well at the death Jongwe. Batting wise, he doesn't take time to get going which is what I like, but almost always gets out to shit shots.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:17 am
Very true. Idk how many innings Jongwe has played, but I think he's had all of two good knocks in a career spanning probably 5 full years over a decade. Marumani is heading in that territory too, except that he's a top order player and much younger so has some time, but time is starting to run out given his extremely slow start. Madhevere can obviously come back as long as he stays away from drugs and booze.

Bennett is just leagues better than Marumani, Shumba, or anyone not named Myers. If Myers comes back - is there any word on this? - that will be MASSIVE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Raza is really struggling.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

How well has Shakib bowled here. Brilliant. Guys Shakib, Taskin, Mustafizur are world class bowlers with tons of experience. These young lads will learn a lot playing against them and scoring runs against this opposition in what has been a low scoring series will give them immense confidence in their abilities.