5th T20I | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh | May 12, 2024

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: 5th T20I | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh | May 12, 2024

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:27 am
Overall this series was important because we had other guys stand up. Bennet and Campbell have bought themselves at least 3 games against India, if not all 5. I will say it again, you could sense the change of guard for the first time. Craig was carrying drinks and he didn’t seem bothered. I think deep down it makes them sleep better knowing that we have a chance at a future

The brains trust here must ask themselves if Bennett is this decent then how good is Welch Jr? They need to make sure he has a prominent role next season with his franchise to give him an opportunity to prove himself.

For India I have a feeling we might see Wes and Mavuta back given the recent PR I have seen. Maybe Evans? It’s a home series so I’m expecting a bigger squad
If we have more fixtures they can actually rotate the players and everyone is happy. The fixtures just suck. Why can't they just play Nepal, Oman, Scotland, UAE... They are all very good sides.

tgk

Post by tgk »

A series that could've easily been 2-3 or even 3-2, but man it feels good to see new players who could actually take over once the Big 3 retire performing well. And watching Raza get back to form is always fun.

Googly

Post by Googly »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:27 am
Overall this series was important because we had other guys stand up. Bennet and Campbell have bought themselves at least 3 games against India, if not all 5. I will say it again, you could sense the change of guard for the first time. Craig was carrying drinks and he didn’t seem bothered. I think deep down it makes them sleep better knowing that we have a chance at a future

The brains trust here must ask themselves if Bennett is this decent then how good is Welch Jr? They need to make sure he has a prominent role next season with his franchise to give him an opportunity to prove himself.

For India I have a feeling we might see Wes and Mavuta back given the recent PR I have seen. Maybe Evans? It’s a home series so I’m expecting a bigger squad
If we have more fixtures they can actually rotate the players and everyone is happy. The fixtures just suck. Why can't they just play Nepal, Oman, Scotland, UAE... They are all very good sides.
Still no adequate explanation as to why Nepal was shelved.
We've got Namibia down the road as well. Plus Uganda.
We need to play endless games.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Playing more domestic T20 cricket is very important.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Oman beating Namibia and Scotland and Nepal beating Netherlands at the T20 WC will be a huge boost for Zim to make the cut.

Unlikely but not impossible. Given the slow nature of wickets in WI, Oman and Nepal can fancy their chances.

In the tri series, it will be best for Zimbabwe if Ireland keep beating both Netherlands and Scotland.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Call me crazy but I would prefer to go through the African qualifiers. Need to get over the mental hurdle.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Agree that there's far too little international cricket for us. Next games are in July ffs

Donald

Post by Donald »

Maybe ZC can arrange a series in quick time with someone

Actually that involves some foresight and planning :D

Googly

Post by Googly »

It involves money that they would feel is better spent sipping green label and surveying two building sites where the retirement package is coming from

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

tgk wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:52 am
Agree that there's far too little international cricket for us. Next games are in July ffs
There would have been games if we made the World Cup. I don’t think any of the full members plan for contingency games if they don’t qualify.