[Match thread] Only Test - Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
cock
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match thread] Only Test - Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Post by cock »

Brilliant atmosphere here at the ground. The fluid is starting to flow at the Maiden

Lostart
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Lostart »

Seriously Happy, that was a great performance. Still a few things to work on but all in all as dominant performance as we could have hoped for.

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

Drinks on me fellas! get the boerewores and braai stand out! Well done to ZIMBABWE!!!

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

eugene wrote:Does this test count towards the overall test rankings? Hopefully we can move off zero points fairly soon and start our quest for the no.9 spot.
Initially, no - you have to have played a certain number of matches (I think 6) to qualify for the table, and it'll be a while before we get there. Once we've played number 6, though, all previous matches within the qualifying period will be counted - so we'll get credit for it eventually.

EDIT: I did the sums, just for fun. Before:
Bangladesh: Played 12, Points 94, Rating 8.
Zimbabwe: Played 0, Points 0, Rating 0.

After:
Bangladesh: Played 13, Points 44, Rating 3
Zimbabwe: Played 1, Points 58, Rating 58

...which would put us comfortably in 9th. NZ are 8th on 78. But the reason there's a qualifying number of matches for the table is that if you don't have that, individual results make a *huge* difference to your rating (which is points divided by matches played).

EDIT 2: And the Test ranking table has just been updated with this: "Zimbabwe is currently unranked, as it has played insufficient matches. It has 63 points and rating of 63." Even better than by my working...

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Jemisi wrote:Ndino kuda Zimbabwe!
Ndiri kufara wena :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

"Now flies the flag our nations glory
We'll live with pride, inside our hearts
As we all stand to build our nation
This our land, our Zimbabwe"

I need the pics plz ASAP
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

cock
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by cock »

Jemisi wrote:
cock wrote:Brilliant atmosphere here at the ground. The fluid is starting to flow at the Maiden
Have a few for the guys on ZCF mate.
I having more than one for all the guys from ZCF

eugene

Post by eugene »

This test result has ensured Zimbabwe's test status for the near future. As long as we are at the level of Bangladesh we are safe (Bangladesh's test status isn't getting revoked anytime soon). You can bet if we were humiliated in this match our tests against Pakistan and NZ would have been postponed for some ficticious reason or downgraded to A-level status.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

mdm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by mdm »

CONGRATULATIONS ZIMBABWE!!! Initially i thought just getting to play 5 days would be a good start to getting back into tests, im quite impressed with the effort the team has put. Its been long since we have seen a team so hungry to win, and playing positive aggressive cricket. I hope we build on this and not be complacent. I just wonder how Tamim is taking this?

eugene

Post by eugene »

The key for Zimbabwe now is to not let this be a false dawn. How many of those have we had over the years? We need to punish the Bangladeshis in the ODI series and at least compete with the Pakistanis if we are not yet able to beat them.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes