[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs New Zealand (2nd ODI)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs New Zealand (2nd ODI)

Post by Jemisi »

Great effort. Taylor's 4th international century this season. Only Andy Flower has ever had a season like this one for us before.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Good effort from Price 5 off 2! He'll be talking himself up after that.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Superb century from Taylor; and he got those boundaries in the final over which he really did need to get to push the team to a more imposing total. Wonderful batting from Taylor and Waller today.

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

Not Acceptable . :x
i can't say im happy about the hundred this is a team game and the pace at which our history making Captain got his last ten runs cost us a par score of at least 280 very selfish very selfish .I cant see us taking 10 wickets and i cant see us suffocating the Kiwis
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Flower power

Post by Flower power »

PSR wrote:he is the first zim player to score back to back hundreds acc to cricinfo
Captain fantastic indeed........ but how long do we have to hold on to him doing the handy man job or should we call him Mr Resue He did it well today . I hope the top order will come to the party in the next game .We could have easily got 300+
And also in the opinion of chipping deadewood like Chiggs . If Meth bowls well in this series then he is finished , he will have to join Matsi on a quest of rediscovery in First Class .......

Maraicha

Post by Maraicha »

I think we need to start feilding a strong team based on performance not just yes man who have failed and failed again. By the way some of these umpires we are "grooming are full of shit" i just dont get how somebody could give Hammy out when he doesnt even knick the ball, or not give McCullam out when he is plump out. Its frustratingly frustrating.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Conant wrote:Foreseeing a very painful next four overs ahead. Taylor in sight of his hundred so he's going to slow down. That's in contrast with Malcom Waller's attitude.

And Chigumbura playing for his place.

I wish they could get a move on.
Incredible. See how many balls he ate up climb from the 90s to 100. I had even written a pretty bleakier indictment of our captain before I edited the above post, but knowing how pro Taylor forum this is, I would have been absolutely slated. As a result 270 became 260.

Thanks Taylor, but I wish you were less Jacques Kallis and more Brian Lara. Butcher was right though: we have finally settled on the right captain.

Elty living on borrowed time

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

I agree . Overpaid and Underperforming players
Flower power wrote:
PSR wrote:he is the first zim player to score back to back hundreds acc to cricinfo
Captain fantastic indeed........ but how long do we have to hold on to him doing the handy man job or should we call him Mr Resue He did it well today . I hope the top order will come to the party in the next game .We could have easily got 300+
And also in the opinion of chipping deadewood like Chiggs . If Meth bowls well in this series then he is finished , he will have to join Matsi on a quest of rediscovery in First Class .......
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

gargamel wrote:Not Acceptable . :x
i can't say im happy about the hundred this is a team game and the pace at which our history making Captain got his last ten runs cost us a par score of at least 280 very selfish very selfish .I cant see us taking 10 wickets and i cant see us suffocating the Kiwis
I hear you. I reckon as the end of the innings was approaching he should have grit the teeth and had a swing.
Having said that we do run the risk of over analysing this; his century was at over a run a ball and he had little support from the other end. If he had got out in the 45th over Zimbabwe would have been in all sorts of trouble; so he did need to stay out there until the end too.

A tough balancing act; not only between getting a hundred and hitting boundaries but also making sure he was there until the very end. Overall, there's not too much to fault about that effort.

Flower power

Post by Flower power »

And the century was unbeaten 5 out 6 Taylor's centuries have been unbeaten ,
vs SA 145*
vs NZ 128*
vs SL 119*
vs BNG 118*
vs NZ 107*
vs BNG 106

....... I would have thought Taibu was going to offer him more support today . Taibu seems to be going through a small lean spell .I hope he reinvents himself and stands on his feet again .
Last edited by Flower power on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.