[Match Thread] 6th Match: Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka A

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
totoro
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

[Match Thread] 6th Match: Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka A

Post by totoro »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/565862.html

Hopefully we can keep Sri Lanka winless. :D

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] 6th Match: Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka A

Post by Train Driver »

CRIKEY :o

Sri Lanka 51-6 from 16 overs

CRIKEY :o

Chigs 4-0-11-4

Much more sensible though is that Vusi and Richard Muzhange are in the XI

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

is this a true Sri Lanka A, surely if they are struggling this much they have no depth, i only recognise Kapugedera

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

Chigs with a 6-for? The cricinfo scorer must be high or something
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis

hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by hhm »

Why, arguably the best seamer against left-handers that Zim has ever produced, was not unleashed on this SL haven in the first game is trully beyond me.

Having not bowled in his only other game(raza's unqualified medium pacers being preferred), the decision to sabotage the ever perplexing Elton, so he can be forced out of the National XI on the basis of his bowling at A level, has well and trully failed.

Despite not using his strike bowlers to finish off SA-A when they were on their knees on both occasions, I see some have heaped praises on Mawoyo's captaincy. As impressed as I have been about his batting, I squarely blame him for both those losses! His captaincy will be the difference in ensuring that we finally win against Proteas' B team, which has been well led in the field by faf.

In the absence of a second spinner, our best odi seamer since streak - mupariwa, should get the nod ahead of muzhange. Along with other calls for his inclusion, one MUST lament the fact that regis&mutumbami are there instead of coventry. As it is the test suited regis, will like mawoyo, get another opportunity to stake his claim in the national odi side.

FINAL ZIM-A vs SA-A:
Zim:tino, raza, craig, matsi, waller, elton, regis(wk), mutombodzi, vitori, chatara, mupariwa
SA: levi, reeza, ingram, faf, ontong, farhaan, vilas, rory, parnell, morris, phangiso
Should be a cracker!

NB: Not because of hindsight, but Vusi's inclusion was rather uncalled for in this one! The underperforming Waller hasn't really had time in the middle - when it counts that is, so he should've had a bat higher today.
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

6 wickets for Chigs? Hello?

It always seems Chigs has to be gang pressed to bowl.

But SL are really staring at bleak times when Sangawardena both retire.

Ah, and weclome back, hhm! :D

SL A routed for 81.

Flower power

Post by Flower power »

Just love the ruthless attitude we are now displaying ......Bowling the Lankans out for 81 in 25 overs ........
If a team is down we should take the opportunity to maul them . I hope our batting will be clinical .
Today Chiggs as Bayhaus said will do enough to justify his non axing ....6 wickets .....

aydee

Post by aydee »

hhm wrote:Why, arguably the best seamer against left-handers that Zim has ever produced, was not unleashed on this SL haven in the first game is trully beyond me.

Having not bowled in his only other game(raza's unqualified medium pacers being preferred), the decision to sabotage the ever perplexing Elton, so he can be forced out of the National XI on the basis of his bowling at A level, has well and trully failed.

Despite not using his strike bowlers to finish off SA-A when they were on their knees on both occasions, I see some have heaped praises on Mawoyo's captaincy. As impressed as I have been about his batting, I squarely blame him for both those losses! His captaincy will be the difference in ensuring that we finally win against Proteas' B team, which has been well led in the field by faf.

In the absence of a second spinner, our best odi seamer since streak - mupariwa, should get the nod ahead of muzhange. Along with other calls for his inclusion, one MUST lament the fact that regis&mutumbami are there instead of coventry. As it is the test suited regis, will like mawoyo, get another opportunity to stake his claim in the national odi side.

FINAL ZIM-A vs SA-A:
Zim:tino, raza, craig, matsi, waller, elton, regis(wk), mutombodzi, vitori, chatara, mupariwa
SA: levi, reeza, ingram, faf, ontong, farhaan, vilas, rory, parnell, morris, phangiso
Should be a cracker!

NB: Not because of hindsight, but Vusi's inclusion was rather uncalled for in this one! The underperforming Waller hasn't really had time in the middle - when it counts that is, so he should've had a bat higher today.
Coventry was unavailable for selection... Work commitments. It's also safe to assume that Elton hasn't been fit enough to bowl. He breaks down more regularly than Brett Lee, it's just that he can continue playing as a batsman, so this often masks it, and just makes it look like the captain in ignoring him. When fully fit, and in form, he one of Zim's better seamers, as today has shown. Sadly, these stars align somewhat too infrequently...

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

hhm wrote:Vusi's inclusion was rather uncalled for in this one
Good to have you back hhm.!I am a fan of Vusi but I totally agree with you. Elton yes but Vusi no.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Obviously the best bowler by far was Muzhange, Sri Lanka knew they were up against a Rhino and ran scared :lol:

Nice one from Chigs, all he has to do is keep repeating the dose

Now then, not to be a wet blanket, but are they batting on a wicket today or a minefield ?, with a Zim batting response it's best not to get too excited until the score is somewhere round 80-0 ;)