Zimbabwe cricket quiz

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
farhan

Re: Zimbabwe cricket quiz

Post by farhan »

zimdan wrote:Alright ill have a stab at a question for you all!

How many sets of twins have played international cricket for Zimbabwe at any stage of our cricketing history?
3 twins i think.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:My question was- the youngest Zimbabwean to score first class ton BEFORE Masakadza?
Answer to that is Alistair Campbell.
Ah - I knew Campbell had a "youngest century" record - I just went for the wrong one. :)

andy

Post by andy »

my question is
who was the first player to get a ten wicket hual for zimbabwe in a test match ?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimdan wrote:Alright ill have a stab at a question for you all!

How many sets of twins have played international cricket for Zimbabwe at any stage of our cricketing history?
Since 1980? The brothers that come to mind, the Flower's, Rennie's and Strang's, aren't twins.... I'll go with 0?

andy: You need to wait until you get a correct answer to ask your question :)

andy

Post by andy »

sorry

andy

Post by andy »

there have been 2 twins
Haris: Cecil Harris, 1924-1981 Mervyn Harris 1924

Matambanadzo: Darlington Matambanadzo 1976 Everton Matambanadzo 1976

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Thanks for enriching our knowledge Andy. Infact Darlington was the older of the two.
andy wrote:my question is
who was the first player to get a ten wicket hual for zimbabwe in a test match ?
Since Zim began playing i always thought it would be some spinner. Traicos and P Strang both disheartned me and it was least expected of all- Adam Huckle.
He was the first to take against NZ in 1997 in the test where Guy Whittall scored his maiden Double century. Huckle took 11/255. Next was Strang(Paul indeed) against the same oppostion and same Byo pitch in 2000 and the third and last one was Pricey vs WI at surprise...surprise....Harare in 2003.
That mt of Lloyd trophy pinches me the most. Streaky scored test ton in tht. On the last day Zim came heartbreakingly close to their first victory over WI.i had to attend a wedding too and Zim needed only 1 wkt. I was waiting for the last wkt to fall so that i can enjoy double on the wedding.The last-wicket partnership between Jacobs and the inexperienced Edwards kept me waiting and waiting and finally saved West Indies from humiliation.they safely played out the final 32 minutes and 71 deliveries.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

First Zimbabwean to be given out lbw by third umpire decision?
Overall he was the second player to be given out in this fashion.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I am quite sure it was Guy Whittall. It was in one of the league matches of ICC Champions trophy 2001. It was really disheartening to see him get out like that, as he was pacing his innings really well to push for a Zimbabwean victory...

Somebody please update the correct reply for the twins question.

Here's my question anyway...(a pretty big and interesting one, I suppose :) )

In an ODI against India in 2000, these two Zimbabweans "stole the show" by letting the world know of their frustrations about the excessive and atrocious LBW appeals made by Sourav Ganguly. One, while batting, questioned these tactics by speaking very close to the stump mike, and the other, while bowling, imitated the appeals made by Ganguly earlier in the day, a-la the famous More-Miandad showdown. Who are the two Zimbabweans we are talking about?

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
I am quite sure it was Guy Whittall. It was in one of the league matches of ICC Champions trophy 2001. It was really disheartening to see him get out like that, as he was pacing his innings really well to push for a Zimbabwean victory...

Somebody please update the correct reply for the twins question.

Here's my question anyway...(a pretty big and interesting one, I suppose :) )

In an ODI against India in 2000, these two Zimbabweans "stole the show" by letting the world know of their frustrations about the excessive and atrocious LBW appeals made by Sourav Ganguly. One, while batting, questioned these tactics by speaking very close to the stump mike, and the other, while bowling, imitated the appeals made by Ganguly earlier in the day, a-la the famous More-Miandad showdown. Who are the two Zimbabweans we are talking about?
It was Dion Ebrahim in champs trophy
Zim Rules