Your WC predictions

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: Your WC predictions

Post by Flakeman »

Vs Sa
I predict SA beating us but will be hoping for the best against them, especially after what Duminy said about playing us in the first game.

- SA to win by 90 runs/6 wickets

Vs UAE
Should be an easy enough game for us and we have to thump them

-Zim to win by 110 runs/6 wickets

Vs WI
This will be a crunch game and im really undecided about it. All depends on their form.

Zim to win by 20 runs/1 wicket

Vs Pak
Also hard to call given Pak are an off/on team. They were not too good against NZ at all so ill back our lads. Pak are definately not a team to be greatly feared.

- Not sure at all

Vs Ire
I fear this matchup, Ireland have been our bogey team in recent years and I hope we can grind this one out. Will be an insane match !!

- Zim to win by 5 runs/1 or 2 wickets

Vs India
Definately not impossible as theyv been playing poorly. But I cant see our bowling attack causing mayhem for them. And even if we restrict them, have a feeling our lads wont cope and might crumble in the chase.

-Ind to win by 80 runs/6 wickets

I hope we do not get ousted because of a poor net run rate !! I really feel we have by far the easier group as far as current form goes. Will be up in the early hours to watch our lads !! So amped for us at this world cup.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

According to the guardian only SA, Pak, and India will make the quarter-finals from our group :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/f ... 2015-guide

Let's sneak in there!

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Vs Sa - Loss

Vs UAE - A comprehensive win

Vs WI - A narrow win

Vs Pak - A narrow win or loss - could go either way

Vs Ire - Win

Vs India - Loss

Super Eight - Oh yes, we'll make it! :D

Good signs for us. Scotland literally destroying Ireland : http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket ... 06127.html

grant

Post by grant »

And Ireland lost to Scotland by 179 runs.....

grant

Post by grant »

Espncricinfo :
Even those who believe chucking should be part of cricket couldn't argue that the old system was pathetic. Bowlers seemed to travel around the globe with actions that were clearly a problem, and while you can argue that Saeed Ajmal and Sunil Narine were making cricket more exciting, you could also argue that Kane Williamson and Marlon Samuels were not. Now many players have been cleared after improving their actions, and the ICC has promised a quick response on players who are called mid-tournament, so elbow watch will a major part of this tournament. Perhaps the best elbow to watch is that of Prosper Utseya, the Zimbabwean offspinner, who the ICC said was cleared but can't bowl offspin. It did say his slow and medium-paced deliveries are legal, so he should light up the World Cup with them.
:lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I reckon Williams will be our best spinner by far. Fully expecting him to bowl full quotas of 10. Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves this tournament as Zim's front line spinner (given Utseya isn't a spinner any more and although I hope I am wrong, I think Kamungozi will be exposed down here).

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

So, after were robbed of a Kiwi scalp by the rain, New Zealand have gone on to thump South Africa by 134 runs in their other warm-up game.

If we would've beat New Zealand, and New Zealand beat South Africa, we should easily beat South Africa. Logic at its finest. Roll on the #zimvincibles!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I still see us beating one of the big boys but losing to Ireland.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Whats the point of going to the world cup when u accept a defeat to sa b4 the match they just lost to nz by mre than 100 runs plus we tend to respect ireland a lot they are associates they shld b crushed

grant

Post by grant »

zimstarr wrote:Whats the point of going to the world cup when u accept a defeat to sa b4 the match they just lost to nz by mre than 100 runs plus we tend to respect ireland a lot they are associates they shld b crushed
I agree. I think we do overrate Ireland to some extent at times.... And I honestly feel we're in the easier group.
Our batting line-up looks very settled this time.... you know, Chamu and Raza opening the innings, then Masakadza and Taylor - our best batsmen.... Williams, Ervine in the middle order...... Then Mire and Chigs - the big-hitters! :D
And we certainly are capable of defeating SA again! :D