[Match Thread] West Indies v Zimbabwe (World Cup Pool B)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] West Indies v Zimbabwe (World Cup Pool B)

Post by zimlover »

I think we need to know that Panyangara's celebrations has won him a stint at Fox sports mavelous stuff from chokie

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I actually thought Chigs bowled alright till his last disaster of an over .....

I think the issue is all these top players are playing high quality IPL or t20 cricket so they're getting better at slogging, where our bowlers aren't getting exposed to the same type of cricket. Also after the first 10 overs we don't look like taking a wicket which leaves us vanerable at the death, if Miller and Duminy weren't set I doubt they could have done what they did to us and same with Gayle and Samuels .....

First thing first we need to identify some guys who can bowl at the death ???

Mpofu - I really thought we could do better when he was around guess I was wrong but is he fit enough ?

Muzhange - best bowler of the Yorker in the country but where is he ??

Rainsford - retired I know but still bowled a decent Yorker highly doubt he would return now ?

Ireland - un like pretty much all the Zimbabwe seamers he has been exposed to decent t20 cricket on the county scene and he bowls fairly well at the death good changes of pace, highly doubt he would return ?

Jarvis - yeah ok he would go for 10 an over but so is Chatara and Panayangara but at least Jarvis would take a few wickets up front and at the end, now I do believe he would return if asked nicely ?

Vitori - again not great at the death but takes wickets up front and can also come back when the balls reversing and take a few more, as I said if we take more wickets during the middle overs there won't be so much pressure on the guys at the end ......

Shingi - again will go for 10 an over at the end but has a good Yorker and array of slower balls, horribly out of form though ....

The other thing we need is a spinner who can take wickets during the middle overs

Cremer - surely he isn't that good at golf ??

M'shangwe - I think is more suited to limited overs bowling then test cricket at the moment, record doesn't suggest this though ......

Nyumbu - Goes for runs but always there or abouts the wickets ......

Mufudza - takes wickets and keeps it tight, I think it's time we see how he goes against the big boys .....

Lamb - un like all of the above (apart from Cremer) he can also bat and bowls decent stuff ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Can't believe how well our batting went against SA and WI. And the attitude with which we approached was excellent. Just that the lack of depth in the bowling made it too difficult for our batters to overcome.

Hammy can't go on with these single digit scores. He must come to the party, please (impatience of a fanatic, but he has the form to contribute more, so not incorrect to be demanding more). It leaves a bad taste when I think about what the final SA score would have been if Hammy was given a quiet spell of 5 overs that day. We would be chasing much less for sure, and would have achieved it.

Williams must have been a treat to watch in the last two knocks. Vintage Williams.

Bowling, looks like a long list jaybro, not much hope though. I would say invest on two guys not in that list: Munyede for spin and Chinouya for pace, with an eye on Muzarawetu.

Get Brent to work with Shingi and Vitori and get them back on track!!!

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:Zimbabwe have got this. I have never been more confident.
Mate, your pessimism works better for us, surely :)

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Cant help but feel that poor old Zimbabwe was robbed today by the umpires.

Had Gayle been given out when he was out on 0. That would have put them 0-2 and Carter (an unexperienced player) would have walked out to face the 5th ball of the game. They would have panicked I think. Didnt help that Samuels was put down on 25 either. Jason Holder got Chakabva out with a almost exact ball and he is 6"8, now you are telling me that our 5'10 Panyangara gets more bounce? If u look at the hawkeye of Panyangaras ball from the side, you can see the predicted blue line almost starts to float ?! This was definately a hawkeye 1 out of 100 mistake that they talk about.

Then I know it was a big chase but the way Williams and Taylor were going I cant help but wonder. It absolutely BAFFLED me 101% how Taylors decision was given out by the third umpire when all thd technology showed absolutely no reason to let it be given out let alone reversed. Even if the onfield umpire had given it out, there was enough evidence to reverse it back !!! I was left to throwing a complete temper tantrum in my lounge.

I really think we need Chibhabha and Mire back. It felt almost like one didnt care when Chakabva went out, and Matsikenyeri is decent but no Mire. Oh well. Just hurts more when u get cheated unfairly.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Meanwhile Vitori for Tuskers 33*(16) with 5 sixes :cry:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

What is wrong with this forum. I wrote up a whole long thing, tried to click submit and it said i needed to be logged in. Admins, whats going on? Keeps doing this. This is my third time trying to post.

2 key decisions in the game. Gayle LBW and Taylor wicket. A double standard is set here. Benefit of the doubt went to the umpire on the LBW, but not on the Taylor wicket. ICC needs to fix that. There was no clear evidence to suggest he gloved it.

Once again our bowling has let us down. We spoke about it after game 1, never changed, then after game 2, and it just got worse. Kamungozi is adding nothing. Good player, but adding nothing. Is Hondo not working on anything? We can't be getting worse and worse every game. Someone needs a kick up the backside and to sort this crap out. We are missing Jarvis big time. I know not many like him, but he is without doubt the best bowler Zim has.

Our batsmen clearly have the quality, well at least some of them. Ervine, Williams and Taylor seem to be listening and improving. Playing with straight bats and adding in variation. Forcing the bowlers and fielders to make mistakes and question themselves. Matsi, what are you doing playing across the line to one skidding in fast whilst on the back foot. Terrible stuff. Seems like some of our players turn up for one game, then think they don't need to do anymore.

Changes needed in the second game. Mupariwa in for Kamungozi. Considering Raza was our best bowler says a lot. Way too many easy balls and too many wides. Absolute school yard stuff. Unacceptable at this level. Our bowlers need a kick up the backside and to start pulling their weight. We could easily have won all three games with ease if our bowlers did a better job. Also if Elton was not so scared as a captain. His field placings have been poor. Unfortunately I dont think he is a good enough captain. He can't bear the burden and ultimately his game struggles. We saw that big time today. Hopefully Whatmore sees these things and rectifies it.

We are breaking all the wrong records and it's just going to be so much worse for us if this continues.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Gayle Force Wind. Jeez.

I left at the end of the PP thinking Gayle might get 150 and WI around 330. Surprised that they never lost another wicket. The death bowling by all sides have been terrible...ZIM are the just the worst of the lot. Teams are routinely scoring at 4 an over and then still getting to 300+.

But the batting has been pretty impressive. But the bowling needs to fixed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

I'm still hurting after Taylor's dismissal, what a load of b******s! :x

I've lost all hope in Kamungozi now (yes I was a fan of his) replace him with Mupariwa or dare I say it....Utseya! :o

Sean Williams is an absolute joy to watch at the moment, anyone who didn't see his innings today I'm telling you to go find highlights of it now, you will not be disappointed. Also I wouldn't at all be surprised if he gets a IPL contract (being serious) some of those sweeps/reverse sweeps/drives were absolutely stunning! 8-)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

How did Ervine look?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes