How Fast Was Campbell Mamillan ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

How Fast Was Campbell Mamillan ??

Post by sloandog »

Hey zim fans i'm new to the forum, and i'm still learning how to use it :lol:
I'm a huge zimbabwe fan, and thanks to the forum and thanks to you guys i can catch up with all the talk about zim cricket.

Was just curious, how fast was Campbell Macmillan. I've heard he was fairly sharp, but i just wasnted a more accurate measurment from you guys,
Thanks
:D

zimfan1

Re: How Fast Was Campbell Mamillan ??

Post by zimfan1 »

welcome to the forum sloandog hope you enjoy your stay

Campbell Macmillian has been out of the domestic scene for a few yeras now but there are rumors that he is in talk with one of the franchises about making a return, lets hope he does the national side despratly needs some pace bowlers. He used to bowl around the 85mph mark but this was a few yeras ago and he may either of lost or gained pace.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Thanks zimfan1 :)

I hope he does come back, apart from anthony ireland zimabwe has had no genuine pace bowler for the past 3 years. And even he's gone :(
I hope the franchise system has a posative effect on the game in zimbabwe.
I cant wait to see the squads. Fingers crossed theirs some pace bowlers in the mix ;)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Campbell Macmillan was the fastest bowler in the country at one point. He did seem to struggle for control however I seem to recall.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I hear that Kyle Jarvis is coming along nicely. Having read some past comments on the forum, he sounds like he's got raw pace !! :o It'd be good to see him in with a franchise. Unless he's still at unaversity :?: Can anybody help me out :?:

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

He's at the university in Pertoria in South Africa, i think its only his first year so looks like he wont be avaliable for a while, he played against Scotland a while ago in a warm up for the 2011 world cup qualifiers

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

That's too bad, as i hear he has some genuine pace. Lets hoep he comes back and plays domestically. :P

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I really wish Campbell Macmillan signs up with a franchise. I also heard about his speed.
Last edited by Detective RDS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

I personally think streak as bowling coach is fantastic! Wat he shud do nw is get jarvis & aliseni to come & play in zimbabwe.. Offer 'em e money which they deserve..i mean both bowl at over 140kph e latter can get it to 150kph..we shud use 'our talent' b4 CSA takes em.. Both r in south africa ryt one at pretoria e other at monash.. We hav e talent but we let it slip away all e tym..hope streak lures em back

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Zimbabwe should definitely use their talents in a right/proper way to dominate in the international arena. Can't let the talents go wasted.
Last edited by Detective RDS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.