ZCF Facebook group?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

ZCF Facebook group?

Post by eugene »

Does zimcricketforums.com or zimcricketnews.com have a presence on facebook? I was wondering if the administrators/users of ZCF would be interested in starting a facebook group. I have noticed there are many current/former Zimbabwean cricketers on facebook. Perhaps through facebook we could link up with more Zimbabwean fans/players and encourage them to participate in this forum if they are at all interested.

Any thoughts on this idea? I would be happy to help in any facebook project.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZCF Facebook group?

Post by sloandog »

I love it :D
That'd be a fantastic way in which speak and learn new info of current and former players.
You have my vote, i would certainly join :W:

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

it certainly would give me an excuse to finally get facebook :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I've got lots of zimbabwe players on my facebook. But the strange thing is that they added me :?
Hear they are :
Piet rinke
Keegan Meth
Sean Williams
Gregory strydom
Barney Rogers ( I've had some very interesting conversations with him )
Campbell Macmillan
Dougie Hondo
Ryan Higgins
Gary Brent

Gregory strydoma dn piet rinke spoke 2 me a while ago saying that they wish 2 return to zim cricket but their fittness is letting them down. :x

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote: Gregory strydoma dn piet rinke spoke 2 me a while ago saying that they wish 2 return to zim cricket but their fittness is letting them down. :x
Nice find they have allways had a few weight probelms lol, but i imagine that they are defintly on the list of 17 former players in talks with franchises

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yeah i sure hope so :)

I remember piet rinke mashing the Kenyon attack everywhere on one occasion.
Gregory strydom i've never actually seen play, but according to his cricinfo profile, could be handy in the middle 2 latter parts of the innings along side chicumbura :D

I sure hope atleast one of the two are planning on signing with a franchise

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Piet versus Associate sides was usually awesome to watch. Piet versus stronger sides usually didn't last very long - the urge to slog was just too much for him. He'd be handy in T20, though...

Anyway. Facebook group: for the record, we're looking into this - with the number of Zim players, past and present, who seem to be on there, we probably shouldn't miss the opportunity to connect with them. Further announcements when we have 'em.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Well if you want i could ask them to join a group that your making.
They're really good to talk to and i'm sure they'd be delighted to join :D That way everybody can speak 2 them and see what they've bin up to.

Let me know Mahera
:W:

eugene

Post by eugene »

I will be creating the Facebook group in the next day or so. I will let y'all know when it is up and running. Just note that the purpose of the group will be to advertise this forum and zimcricketnews.com, bring new members to the forum, and hopefully connect with current and former players. It is not the intention to take discussions away from this forum.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene

Post by eugene »

Dear sloandog,

Please feel free to invite all of the zimbabwean cricketers you seem to have contact with.

sloandog wrote:I've got lots of zimbabwe players on my facebook. But the strange thing is that they added me :?
Hear they are :
Piet rinke
Keegan Meth
Sean Williams
Gregory strydom
Barney Rogers ( I've had some very interesting conversations with him )
Campbell Macmillan
Dougie Hondo
Ryan Higgins
Gary Brent

Gregory strydoma dn piet rinke spoke 2 me a while ago saying that they wish 2 return to zim cricket but their fittness is letting them down. :x