Countdown to Test cricket: Who should bat at 3 (tie breaker)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Who should bat at three?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Craig Ervine
18%
Hamilton Masakadza
24%
Vusi Sibanda
18%
Sean Williams
41%

Total votes: 17

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Countdown to Test cricket: Who should bat at 3 (tie brea

Post by sloandog »

cock wrote:
Williams has to bat at 3. He's got a solid technique, and he didn't do too badly during the world cup did he...?
He scored 30 odd against Canada and he scored a very impressive 30 against Australia..
Duffin to open with Taylor...[/quote]

Williams might have a good technique but has the heart the size of an ant. It is difficult enough for him to play three days with out being injured let alone 3 tests. His worst injury is his head[/quote]

:/ Don't really agree with that Tbh.
Sean wants to play for Zimbabwe as much as anybody...the fact that he's injury prone is not his fault and your in no position to say he hasn't got the heart for Test Cricket.

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:
Boundary wrote:I don't see the merit of Vusi Sibanda coming any lower than three, so he's my vote again.

Sibanda is not worth a place in the side.

At least Matsi is a good captain, even if he is probably not in the top 11 players in Zim.
Sibanda = best technique in the country...

Williams has to bat at 3. He's got a solid technique, and he didn't do too badly during the world cup did he...?
He scored 30 odd against Canada and he scored a very impressive 30 against Australia..
Duffin to open with Taylor...

Sibanda reminds me of Englands Mark Ramprakash. Fine technique but lacking the ability to turn it into performances at the highest level. Sibanda will not make it, IMV.

The only issue I have with Williams is his fitness, or lack of it. He is perennially injured.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

BaijuSpeaks

Post by BaijuSpeaks »

sloandog wrote:
cock wrote:
Duffin to open with Taylor...

Williams might have a good technique but has the heart the size of an ant. It is difficult enough for him to play three days with out being injured let alone 3 tests. His worst injury is his head[/quote]

:/ Don't really agree with that Tbh.
Sean wants to play for Zimbabwe as much as anybody...the fact that he's injury prone is not his fault and your in no position to say he hasn't got the heart for Test Cricket.[/quote]

I strongly agree to Sloandog. And I am pretty happy with the 3rd position tie-breaker result :P .
Taylor opening with Duffin/Sibanda, Williams at 3, Masakadza at 4, Taibu at 5, Ervine at 6 and Chingumbura at 7. I love to see this batting line up for Zim's first test match against Bangladesh.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

BaijuSpeaks wrote:[I strongly agree to Sloandog. And I am pretty happy with the 3rd position tie-breaker result :P .
Taylor opening with Duffin/Sibanda, Williams at 3, Masakadza at 4, Taibu at 5, Ervine at 6 and Chingumbura at 7. I love to see this batting line up for Zim's first test match against Bangladesh.
Or Meth in at 7, if yesterday's perfomance is anything to go by :D

eugene

Post by eugene »

METH!!!!!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Boundary

Post by Boundary »

eugene wrote:METH!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BaijuSpeaks

Post by BaijuSpeaks »

Conant wrote:
BaijuSpeaks wrote:[I strongly agree to Sloandog. And I am pretty happy with the 3rd position tie-breaker result :P .
Or Meth in at 7, if yesterday's perfomance is anything to go by :D
Its a nice choice. But, in current situation, its almost sure that Chingumbura will be leading Zim in their first test match. Then, he will have to bat atleast at No 7. :P

clikcspeed
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by clikcspeed »

Is this forum capable of vote rigging? I'm not convinced. Williams 4, Hamilton 3!

aydee

Post by aydee »

I voted Williams, as I'd like Taylor and Masakadza opening.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Sean William for me...