Williams article on the BBC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Williams article on the BBC

Post by sam_ahm »

Ideally I would not bank on the big 3 going on until 2027. I don't think ZC should think that way either.

If they maintain fitness and form then all well and good and I'm all for it in an ideal scenario, but the need to have more younger players involved is now... And you cannot involve more younger players if you keep playing once in 3 months. I mean that's very limited opportunity.

Look at other teams, they play all year round, so a lot of their fringe players keep getting international exposure. Sadly for ZIM, IRE and AFG this is not the case.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Nah, keep them around

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:14 am
Ideally I would not bank on the big 3 going on until 2027. I don't think ZC should think that way either.

If they maintain fitness and form then all well and good and I'm all for it in an ideal scenario, but the need to have more younger players involved is now... And you cannot involve more younger players if you keep playing once in 3 months. I mean that's very limited opportunity.

Look at other teams, they play all year round, so a lot of their fringe players keep getting international exposure. Sadly for ZIM, IRE and AFG this is not the case.
If there is an urge from them to continue then they absolutely must continue. It’s not even questionable.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Williams is the man, he’ll be aged 50 like Darren Stevens and still be the first name on the team sheet going on form. Criminally underrated when you got flash bastards like Raza and Wes in the team.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

Either pat's got his account hacked or gone on a rollercoaster across recent threads :lol: :lol:

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

My ex wife divorced me some months ago but I still live with her while the lawyers drag out my purchase of my new house. It’s a living hell most days but today she threw a party for our neighbours’ wedding anniversary, she had a few black labels then started giving it large about how shit I am. I had some anger to vent and getting rid of it here instead of to her in front of our kids seemed more prudent.

I stand by all my statements. Except the one about Kadza’s ton, a ton is a ton, so fair play to him. Could debate whether he should be playing NPL or not, however, playing with/against somebody like him can only benefit the youngsters if they are of a mind to learn.

Williams is practically 50 already and still at the top of his game :lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:13 pm
My ex wife divorced me some months ago but I still live with her while the lawyers drag out my purchase of my new house. It’s a living hell most days but today she threw a party for our neighbours’ wedding anniversary, she had a few black labels then started giving it large about how shit I am. I had some anger to vent and getting rid of it here instead of to her in front of our kids seemed more prudent.

I stand by all my statements. Except the one about Kadza’s ton, a ton is a ton, so fair play to him. Could debate whether he should be playing NPL or not, however, playing with/against somebody like him can only benefit the youngsters if they are of a mind to learn.

Williams is practically 50 already and still at the top of his game :lol:
Has your ex taken up with Brendon McCullum? Is that why you don't like Bazball?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

I’d doubt that mate.

I got her pregnant twice in a swashbuckling 30 seconds each time. The short lived nature of a Bazball innings is not for her.