Interview with Brendan Taylor

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Interview with Brendan Taylor

Post by eugene »

Train Driver wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:18 am
eugene wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 pm
I keep hearing about a Ballance scandal but nothing seems to come to light.
Story I've heard is that he bought a new car recently and opted for a white one rather than black
If there is a scandal it is remarkable that it has all been kept under wraps.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

In the interview posted here BT talks about how he played through covid waiting for the ICC to decide. He failed a drugs test in September and it took months to come out. Let's not create unnecessary sympathy for a guy who screwed us over no matter how you look at it. Sober or not. His true haters will never let it go

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

He let us down and more importantly himself. I was so angry at the time but it is what it is.

He wasn’t there when we beat Bangladesh in those series last year, he wasn’t there when we beat Australia in that ODI and he wasn’t there for that Pakistan game at the World Cup. I used to care but now I just think it sucks to be BT missing out on those high points since the news broke. The fans have new heroes now.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

eugene wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:35 pm
Train Driver wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:18 am
eugene wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 pm
I keep hearing about a Ballance scandal but nothing seems to come to light.
Story I've heard is that he bought a new car recently and opted for a white one rather than black
If there is a scandal it is remarkable that it has all been kept under wraps.
Has been talked about extensively on here, on social media and on WhatsApp groups etc

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:03 pm
In the interview posted here BT talks about how he played through covid waiting for the ICC to decide. He failed a drugs test in September and it took months to come out. Let's not create unnecessary sympathy for a guy who screwed us over no matter how you look at it. Sober or not. His true haters will never let it go
His true haters jumped on what he did at the back end, but it was an accumulation of events that lead to it.
The test is did they derive glee or not.
Williams pointed out that relations with the Board were poor for years.
I think during the bad times a lot of poor stuff happened that went either unnoticed or were ignored, depending on who you were. I will bet my bottom dollar a few blokes will be breathing a huge sigh of relief they escaped unscathed.

We're all hoping and praying that's all behind us now and we can move forward. We have to, despite all the really good things that are happening we cannot afford another scandal or another breakdown. Everybody needs to tidy up their act.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Gun bat BT, likes a few rails in his personal time, that’s his business. As if he was stoopid enough to get videoed with hookers though 🤣🙄, was down hill from there. I just hope they were nice. He fucked up big time.