[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am
I'm not sure what your point is.

The West probably did pull a few strings
That's precisely my point, what you're admitting to is precisely what was being resisted on this thread.
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:It seems like China played a bigger role, with those conveniently timed meetings with Mnangagwa and the generals in China in recent weeks.
The stories continue to be peddled to give the impression Russia and SA were against China. All of it designed to cause splits within BRICS. Read the following article "It gets ugly as Russia and South Africa gang-up against China over Zimbabwe coup" - http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/world-ne ... abwe-coup/
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:although I'm not sure there's much they could have done other than give their thumbs up. If they had the leverage to somehow effect regime change without sending in the cavalry they'd have done it 15 years ago....You know happened? Mnangagwa and his inner circle have been courting everyone over the last few years. The West, the East - everyone. And when the time was right, there was no resistance because everyone was happy to see the back of Mugabe.
15 years ago they didn't have a VP and army Generals who were facing the sack and or arrest(Mnangagwa by the way is the same person who enthusiastically read out statement confirming giving Mugabe sweeping powers in ZANU and Zimbabwe recently).

The first thing Mnangagwa did was to meet Zuma. Why? In the end Mnangagwa and Generals didn't get what they want because unlike Googly etc's reasoning, Mnangagwa and ZANU can no longer distance themselves from Mugabe and make him a scapegoat. They have been permanently tied to Mugabe by force.

Mugabe birthday now a holiday. Airport will continue to be named after him. University to be built in his honour. Mugabe will eventually reach even more godly status among the very people who ousted him for being all sorts of bad things - things they cannot even openly accuse him of! Why? SA etc were ready to take down Mnangagwa even with the recent horrible court manouvres. Effectively Mnangagwa was forced to be and continue to be in the shadow of Mugabe.

So again I ask. What exactly did Zimbabwean people achieve if the very same man they worked so hard to remove from the picture is essentially their hero in every sense of the word?

In 1996 Mugabe was made ZCU Patron. Same in 2003. And again in 2013. Will ZC eject "God" Mugabe in their next Annual General Meeting? And replace him with who?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

pariah wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm
Will ZC eject "God" Mugabe in their next Annual General Meeting? And replace him with who?[/i]
They have already announced it, the next patron is former star slayer GUS MACKAY!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yeah yeah gussssy
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

pariah wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am
I'm not sure what your point is.

The West probably did pull a few strings
That's precisely my point, what you're admitting to is precisely what was being resisted on this thread.
You're deluded if you think Trump and May and Merkel all got together to plot Mugabe's ouster. Then again it didn't take long for Trump to make America great again so maybe he did turn his sights to Zimbabwe...

But I digress; western nations will be happy to see the back of Mugabe. But there was no great conspiracy. I bet the extent of it was some western ambassadors and low level diplomats having a quiet word to the Croc's entourage over the years to let them know that the aid money will flow a little more smoothly should they get their act together and oust RM.

If there was a western conspiracy to get rid of RM, it wouldn't have happened in 2017. It'd have happened in 2002.

It's the Chinese that have the most at stake. Read up on One Belt One Road - their infrastructure projects and their investments in Zimbabwe and Africa more generally are not out of the goodness of the hearts. It's not some altruistic ambition of theirs to redistribute asphalt and railway track. It's economic colonialism and African governments are as blind to it now as King Lobengula was when he signed away the rights to Matabeleland in the 1880s.

I agree that the Russians probably didn't have too much to do with this, but even at your contrarian worst you can't argue that the Chinese played a smaller part in the coup than western nations. Even a hollow threat from the Chinese that the gravy train would end would have more than few government officials in a state. Ultimately though it was Mugabe himself that caused his own ouster - it wasn't even the decades of failed leadership (in every sense), it was a 93 year old man being coerced by his wife to create a quasi-monarchy/dynasty. There have been far too many people waiting for far too long to let Grace take what was rightfully theirs by virtue of marriage. Self-interest always wins out, so Mnangagwa did what he needed to do.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well a top Chinese delegation rolled into town yesterday and have been driving around in a cavalcade like they’re viewing their new country, all rather ominous.

eugene

Post by eugene »

The West could care less about Zimbabwe, they already proved that when Rhodesia was forced to go it alone with the UDI.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kazembe Kazembe is Minister of Sport

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t know much about him other than what I just googled and obviously watched the infamous video of Grace publicly haranguing him at a Zanu rally. Maybe some Zim forumites can comment? He looks young and clearly has done a bit and comes from a business background, he was involved at Dynamos, but resigned. Cricket does not appear to be on his radar.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:04 am
I don’t know much about him other than what I just googled and obviously watched the infamous video of Grace publicly haranguing him at a Zanu rally. Maybe some Zim forumites can comment? He looks young and clearly has done a bit and comes from a business background, he was involved at Dynamos, but resigned. Cricket does not appear to be on his radar.
Probably best if cricket stays off the radar.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Nothing wrong with having the Chinese invest their money in your economy
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement