2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by Donald »

Can Kaia bat tomorrow when he is inevitably needed?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:00 pm
Don is OK, but not Jongwe and Chisoro for tests, I think Burl is a better bowler and can fill in as an all rounder. They need to try out a few young spinners. No Ray Price or Cremer type talent in the ranks now? Or may be they just need to persist with Mavuta, give him a long run and hope he improves.

Wellington/Mavuta/Ndlovu the options.

But If we have all of Wes, Burl, Willo & Raza in the top 7 I think that should be enough to go without a spinner. Those 4 spin options coupled with three of the big quick lads is quite a decent bowling attack I think.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

what are the dates for the bangladesh series

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

Thingz r not looking bright. This Zim cricket board must go on. All the work done in the era of flowers streak is undone by this poor and corrupt management. Cricket is almost dead in zim like it is in kenya. Only hope would be give management to some one from old cricket fraternity otherwise it's very dark for Zim cricket.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:09 pm
where is BT even trying to play that ,
That's quick

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:05 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:00 pm
Don is OK, but not Jongwe and Chisoro for tests, I think Burl is a better bowler and can fill in as an all rounder. They need to try out a few young spinners. No Ray Price or Cremer type talent in the ranks now? Or may be they just need to persist with Mavuta, give him a long run and hope he improves.

Wellington/Mavuta/Ndlovu the options.

But If we have all of Wes, Burl, Willo & Raza in the top 7 I think that should be enough to go without a spinner. Those 4 spin options coupled with three of the big quick lads is quite a decent bowling attack I think.
Yes, if all of them are available then I'll go with Blessing, Chivanga and Mumba as the three fast bowlers assuming Kyle is not available. Not at all impressed with Ngarava.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm

We just won a Test in the UAE. We were in winning positions in all three T20s against Pakistan and should have won the series - we deserved to.

We are missing all of; Masvaure, Kaia, Wes, Ervine, Williams, Raza, Burl here through injury. 7 batsman.

We have the best crop of youngsters we've had for a decade or so coming through.

We really shouldn't over react. This is basically Zimbabwe A Vs Pakistan 1st XI.
ervine Willams burl and Raza u can say. Other 3 r not that good yet. I doubt they r the best young players. If suppose they are they will be destroyed in current Zim domestic structure which is not competetive. Please bring back in coaching those 90s ex players to survive the game.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

farhanhussan wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:15 pm
. Cricket is almost dead in zim like it is in kenya.
And you are very well informed on cricket in Zimbabwe?

Or, like I suspect, have you literally never set foot in the country and never spoken to a single Zim cricketer?

Clueless. My 6 year old daughter can give a better analysis of the sport. :lol:

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Yeah let's just ignore the fact that we are missing 6 batsman.

Some crazy opinions on here.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:49 pm

And you are very well informed on cricket in Zimbabwe?

Or, like I suspect, have you literally never set foot in the country and never spoken to a single Zim cricketer?

Clueless. My 6 year old daughter can give a better analysis of the sport. :lol:
it is evident from Logan cup and other domestic matches happening. The cricketing affairs r not great. Zim need old players in coaching set up other wise this board would finish last breath of cricket in Zim.franchise coaching are of lowest level. U cant nurture if any talent be there with current Zim system