Masakadza DROPPED from world cup squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Masakadza DROPPED from world cup squad

Post by bayhaus »

I hope Hammy does a Kallis on these haters! After the WC he comes back an ups his game and shows them who is who and what is what!
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

bayhaus wrote:I hope Hammy does a Kallis on these haters! After the WC he comes back an ups his game and shows them who is who and what is what!
Surely he's not gonna spend the rest of his life trying to prove pple wrong? I wldnt be surprised if they killed the man's spirit

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

The very basis of upping ur game is proving the selectors wrong. By the way you play your game to gain back ur position in th team. Whether it killed his spirit or dented it will be a test of his character he has upped his game before i sincerely hope he does it again
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

we still talking about this?

you know what....i thought about this again and you know what?

who cares? tough sh*t hamilton. (couldnt think of a similar saying without a cuss word...mods if you can think of one please edit it if its unacceptable).

people are forgetting that hammie got complacent and took his spot for granted.

he has been TERRIBLE for the last 6 months or so. im talking matsi terrible....hes averaged what?....8 i believe?

He (and we for that matter) cannot expect him to be in the top 15 when he is performing like he has. There are hungry batsman who deserve a shot.

He doesnt really deserve the sympathy he is getting (on a professional level).

That being said, i do believe it was harsh to not even make the 30 man squad, but at the end of the day what does it matter when its obvious he wont be in the 15? let the message be sent to the others.

I do believe hamilton is in our top 7 batsmen in the country at the moment.....his past tells us that.
But he has to perform to a decent level consistently to have a spot. He has about 6 months to get his mojo back. Because when Compton comes into the team, and if Ballance and Horton come in, and Raza and duffin ontinue to rise.....he is going to be so far back int he queue that he wont wear the strip again if he doesnt.

PS. Most of this applies to Chibhabha too.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

Aye Aye Zim Doggy Loud and clear. I was just saying that IF ham is as good as they say he is, I think he is as well, he can rise from this a la Kallis.
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

Conant

Post by Conant »

No mention of Charles Coventry in ths rant of urs Doggy? And wats been hs av since that 194? Wld u define his efforts since as 'hungry?' No collective peep wen Brandan Taylor went into a similar runt a year ago? How does Chibhabha fit in ths as he was never the regular tht Masakadza has been? And u say Hammies alternative replacents are... Raza? Ever cn Razas first class av? Thnk Duffin wld survive the coldron of Test cricket? Am sory zimdoggy but the mo I read ur posts the mo Im convinced u r incapable of being impartial

eugene

Post by eugene »

Zimdoggy is right in saying that Masakadza has done nothing in the last year to warrant selection for the world cup. That being said however, many of our players have done nothing to warrant being selected. Chigumbura, Coventry, and Williams come to mind as players lucky to be at the world cup.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Conant wrote:No mention of Charles Coventry in ths rant of urs Doggy?
In a thread about Coventry i'll give my views about Coventry, in a thread about Hamilton i'll give my view on Hamilton.

Since you asked, Check out the other thread titled "coventry as opener"

I think Coventry is quick scorer who can do some good things but highly unstable. Hes an x factor thats all.
Conant wrote:Wld u define his efforts since as 'hungry?'
Well he should be hungry...have you seen him? he doesnt have any meat on his bones at all....he needs to hit the KFC and protein shakes if you ask me.
Conant wrote: How does Chibhabha fit in ths as he was never the regular tht Masakadza has been?
Because I think Chibhabha is a very good batsman and on skill alone would make the 15 but like Hamilton, he has to earn it through making runs and consistency.
Conant wrote:the mo I read ur posts the mo Im convinced u r incapable of being impartial
Mo money...mo problems
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Conant wrote: Wld u define his efforts since as 'hungry?'
Well he should be hungry...have you seen him? he doesnt have any meat on his bones at all....he needs to hit the KFC and protein shakes if you ask me.
Conant wrote:
:D :D :D
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu