Logan Cup 3-6 Nov | Rocks V Mountaineers | Eagles V Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Logan Cup 3-6 Nov | Rocks V Mountaineers | Eagles V Tuskers

Post by Donald »

In Sri Lanka burl madhevere raza and shumba will be enough spin. Don't think we need jongwe or Wellington. Could play an extra pacer or batsman

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Wes bowling great here - getting some serious turn as well!!! We forget bowling was actually his strongest suit when he was younger. Good battle between him and Ervine currently.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Marumani is really struggling. He probably needs another 2 seasons after this one to work on his game. He is only 19. He has time.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:05 pm
Honestly the best thing about this season so far is players body language and the fact they seem to care. We've had years of plays not being arsed about domestic cricket but it seems like theres quite a competitive environment from what we can see on the streams this year. Very loud appeals, big celebrations for wickets, players looking pissed off at umpiring decisions or distraught at dropped catches.

It's good to see.
Am I imagining it or are scores higher this season too?

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

We should prefer young players then seniors. mutambami, kaia, chibhabha, chari, maruma. we should give other players a go. I m really upset of test between ban and zim. kaia and maruma both endings duck.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Ervine with a century 😀😀

Where the hell is Williams though. This worries me with the one dayers against Afghanistan and Sri Lanka looming. We still need our best side.

I also heard that ZC still see Taylor as integral to their world Cup qualification hopes and the retirement was a surprise and they hope to talk him round. That article was last month however

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:49 pm
Ervine with a century 😀😀

Where the hell is Williams though. This worries me with the one dayers against Afghanistan and Sri Lanka looming. We still need our best side.

I also heard that ZC still see Taylor as integral to their world Cup qualification hopes and the retirement was a surprise and they hope to talk him round. That article was last month however
I think the Taylor ship has well and truly sailed. I'm starting to think the Williams one has as well.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Umpires giving Eagles a telling-off for their backchat to the umpires and complaining after a not-out decision. Fiery! 🔥

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:34 pm
Marumani is really struggling. He probably needs another 2 seasons after this one to work on his game. He is only 19. He has time.
A strike rate of 145. A 6 and 2 boundaries. How did he look while batting? Technically deficient or was his temperament off?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:53 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:34 pm
A strike rate of 145. A 6 and 2 boundaries. How did he look while batting? Technically deficient or was his temperament off?
That game isn't being streamed.

The kid lacks a brain, pretty clearly now. Desperately needs quite a lot of coaching and guidance. Very clearly isn't getting any at all.