Zimbabwe team in India

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Zimbabwe team in India

Post by Donald »

Campbell mcmillan sean bennet ronak patel and mashford shungu. We have some names that can really do well at next year under 19

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:36 am
I am a bit lost. What did the Macmillan family do?
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/4/5 ... era-expose

Googly

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:42 pm
Campbell mcmillan sean bennet ronak patel and mashford shungu. We have some names that can really do well at next year under 19
The optimist. I have grave doubts.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Well it is concerning that our 3 best players are not on this tour in Schonken, Macmillan and Mudenda. I hope the reasons are innocent.

If those three turn up plus the couple of others in the squad who are good then I don't see why we shouldn't finish around 9th-10th again considering the effort ZC are putting in this time.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thanks secret

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I keep forgetting Prosper Utseya is the U19 coach. When I remember that, and having listened to his recent interview, all of your frustrations make sense

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:44 pm
U19 Squad for India tour;

Panashe Taruvinga (C), Nathaniel Hlabangana, Kohl Eksteen, Villain Changa, Brandon Sunguro, Ryan Kamwemba, Dylan Nzvenga, Carlton Takawira, Newman Nyamhuri, Mashford Shungu, Shaun Dzakatira, Tadiwanashe Mushopa, Nkosibongwe Gogodo, Panashe Gwatiringa, Munashe Chimusoro, Codie Marillier, Kirby Madaramete, Thelson Madziwana, Ronak Patel
Great to see the son of a man who destroyed India in India in 15 minutes (21 years ago now!) make a trip to the same country :) .

We have also featured Codie already in ZCF Photo Quiz: viewtopic.php?p=109002#p109002

Also, who is this Kohl Eksteen. And since he is visiting "I"ndia, can we ask him to come back with an I at the end of his first name? That would help solve some batting woes of the future ;)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

An Afrikaans name. These are becoming rarer in Zim.

I don’t think Eksteen was in the team photo at the airport yesterday though

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think Eksteen is a bit younger. He was a Ruzawi boy and was considered an excellent prospect. I haven't heard about his exploits for years.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There's a lad with the beautiful name of Polite Villan Changa. He surely has a big career ahead of him in politics.