#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by jimmylesaint »

It's impossible to keep the scum out of it as you need to affiliate to ZC or SRC in order to play for your country unless you get together enough quality players and create a rebel side that is so good people follow them .

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 am
Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:39 pm
No farmers and no future. There are 4 whites that play cricket- Moor, Burl, BT and Diplock and there’s no one else with the slightest interest.
There’s no starting again bud, this is it, D day next week.
There will always be someone to play and form a team. New Zealand has a population less than ours and look at them. You do not need numbers. What you need are people who are passionate, will work hard and work for the benefit of the team.

How many people would pick NZ players in their current World XI? Yet, they are in the final. Granted they are talented, but they also work very hard and put in the effort. They graft, and they graft for each other, and their nation. Zim just needs a few people like that to take the reigns, and to keep those scum out of it.
The guys you are describing aren’t there any more.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Some of the talk I see makes me think we should just disband. Give up on the game and dissolve cricket all together.

If things can never work regardless of all the effort put in to it, then why bother.

You guys are telling me that there is literally not eleven people in Zim who care about cricket or about getting Zim Cricket back to what it was? 11? I'm saying 11 because it only takes 11 to form a team and they become the catalyst for more.

There has to be some good people left in Zim, surely. There has to be a way to make the rules and constitution such that the thugs can't come back. There has to be a way to do things. Even in the most corrupt nations, there are some good people who can do good. If it is all doom and gloom, then don't bother.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

There’s a few I am sure.
But this idea that the leeches will disappear when we are bankrupt and it will go back to the rightful custodians who made the game great in Zim is misguided.
Firstly. Leeches will just come back when the money is back. They are always lurking form what I’ve seen.
Secondly. Those people are too old and live elsewhere. It won’t be the same. Not as before. Something new will need to be forged from the people that remain.There will need to be a big emphasis on getting people back into the country.
It isn’t dead but I think we need the ICC money in good peoples hands

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Just remember, what the old guys did was magic.

Starting as a white sport, they turned a country with the same white population as the Cronulla region into a genuine test nation. Then they started to expand from there to interested black guys (usually bowlers) and the Taibu fighter types.

They got to test status despite having less players than all the main associates today. There was something special about the Zimbabwe system. We are seeing the last generation from that system (the guys 30+) but when it’s was dismantled 15 years shocking we have gone back to how our numbers should suggest we be. A mid associate.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Two issues there are good people left but are outnumbered by the ORCS.
The backbone of the country has been murdered or chased away- the farmers. The schooling system is no where near the quality it was and that is where many of the greats came from.

Is there hope. yes we face the biggest hope right now and await and see what ICC does as the new ZC has a full road map to fixing the waste that the treasonous ZC board have created.

Googly

Post by Googly »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:09 pm
Some of the talk I see makes me think we should just disband. Give up on the game and dissolve cricket all together.

If things can never work regardless of all the effort put in to it, then why bother.

You guys are telling me that there is literally not eleven people in Zim who care about cricket or about getting Zim Cricket back to what it was? 11? I'm saying 11 because it only takes 11 to form a team and they become the catalyst for more.

There has to be some good people left in Zim, surely. There has to be a way to make the rules and constitution such that the thugs can't come back. There has to be a way to do things. Even in the most corrupt nations, there are some good people who can do good. If it is all doom and gloom, then don't bother.
Keep calm bud. Things are tough here. We’re in survival mode.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m just saying that if people don’t play club because someone is not supplying a free ball (and what happens if it gets hit out the park?) then where’s the real interest?
If a club can only forward a team sheet 5 minutes before the game starts because they don’t know who’s pitching up, where’s the interest?
If you see teams unwilling and/or unable to pay meaningful club subs and have a wicket that doesn’t look like it’s been temporarily prepared from a patch of scrub, where’s the interest?
If you see maybe 2 schoolboys in the whole country playing club cricket, where’s the interest?
If you see maybe 3 teenagers getting extra cricket coaching, where’s the interest?

Maybe this new mob will engender some trust and enthusiasm. The old racist thieves vs the new, possibly reformed racist vaguely honest guys :lol:
Let me tell you that’s not an easy decision for a surprising number of people. :lol:

If the public spot a thief on the street everyone starts shouting “Mbava, Mbava!” and everyone gives chase and administers brutal street justice, but if that fucker is wearing a suit and driving a flash car everyone is subservient and a little bit envious. Low level crime is abhorred and high level crime is admired. Go figure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jimmy is 100% correct when he says that people with less ability and less work ethic capitalized in 2004.
We will have the same issue now. Firstly to find replacements is not a given, and then dealing with the fall out that will cause won’t be easy, especially with the usual culprits sniping in the background about colonial oppression and hostile take overs. If you have a crew of Poles on a building site in England you know work will get done to a decent standard and in quick time. If you have a crew of Zimbos trying to do something here you know it will take 5 times longer, there will probably be industrial action and war vet involvement and half the tools will go missing and the building won’t be so nice, bless them!
If you have that same crew in SA or England the Zimbos work harder than anyone. But never ever put him in charge of the money! :lol: :lol:
Gov has enabled this mentality and it’s s long road ahead.

We need to see the re-emergence of decent private coaches, they’ve mostly all moved on. I don’t even know where we will find any again. It has to be something they can make a living from. They were charging $20-$30 usd an hour per kid. That’s illegal now, you have to charge Bongo Bongo dollars, you need a crew of kids that will pitch up and you need a facility. Mmmm... not easy.
We’re that far up shit creek.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s been going on for a while, every time there’s opportunity for arbitrage, but I’ve just been reading about the wholesale theft of our subsidized fuel. It was one of our main revenue streams, but it’s currently almost the cheapest in the region, so gov cronies are shipping it out of our central depot and selling it to neighboring countries almost as fast as it gets here. I don’t know how big your bank account has to be before you decide enough is enough.