2023 WCQ | non-Zimbabwe matches

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbofan88

Re: 2023 WCQ | non-Zimbabwe matches

Post by zimbofan88 »

If they have Van der Merwe, Ackerman and Tom Cooper back, they can upset bigger teams.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Ackerman is class. Him and Van Der Merwe are a must selection, alongside the extra pace of Van Meekern. They'll be a real side to beat. They've played some wonderful cricket.

A guy who I really rate is Ryan Klein. I think he'll do well in India.

Vivian Kigma probably won't get selected but he's been a real loyal servant for some time. Depends what the selectors think but ultimately, they have a serious decision to make for October

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The Dutch fear nobody, they have always had this attitude about them. I remember Bas de Leede's father, Tim de Leede, being a quality allrounder for an Associate nation at the time.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 pm
The Dutch fear nobody, they have always had this attitude about them. I remember Bas de Leede's father, Tim de Leede, being a quality allrounder for an Associate nation at the time.
Yea he was tough as well. Big fella scored 58 against either Pakistan or India in the 2003 world cup I think

AussieZimFan

Post by AussieZimFan »

If Netherlands could successfully chase 277 against Scotland, there should have been no excuses for Zimbabwe to chase 235

zimbofan88

Post by zimbofan88 »

Not to forget they have found Teja Nidamanuru who looks like a very handy player. Netherlands are a very solid side but I think they will struggle in sub-continent. They have consistently succumbed to spin bowling in Nepal. Hope I am wrong, I really like them now and will root for them in WC.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

A lot of people here feel dutch will go with van der merwe . But I don't think they will in a 50 overs cup .I am surprised no one named Tim Pringle who is surely to play as a lone spinner. Also Fred klassen is a must he is class act on his day ideal dutch line up would be
O dowd
Vikram singh
Ackerman
Bas de leede
Tom Cooper
Scott Edwards
Teja nidamanru or Musa Ahmad (whoever is in form)
Logan van Beek
Tim Pringle
Paul van meekeren
Fred klassen
Also I won't be surprised if van Beek gets called up for NZ

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

This is why for me personally there are no excuses for Tuesday. Let's not shield people from their failures. We can't keep going through the same thing. You can have all the talent in the world but if your world is based on fear and failure then you will never make it. All the talent in the world and they failed.

I would rather go through pain with people I know are learning than 37 year olds who can't read a match situation
That's their legacy. Whether we like it or not. Let's not excuse mediocre behavior and mentality. They failed.

What's the difference between what Bas de Leede went through and Sikandar Raza? Same situation. 1 person had the mentality, the other was doomed to fail

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

In fact Bas de Leede's situation was far worse. Mentality...

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:07 pm
Imagine the pain Scotland have to go through after all the delight the other day.

Bloody Fuck you ICC.
I wholeheartedly agree. A world cup without the West Indies, an improved Zimbabwe, a good Scotland side....it's ridiculous really. UAE, Namibia, Oman...all don't get a look in. I realise the money is important generated by India but half the great games for this world cup have already been played. The 16 or 24 team tournament should really by brought in next time. They've learned nothing from the demise of Kenya.