Zim T10 Draft

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim T10 Draft

Post by Crastle_cog »

Is Matthew Campbell Jonathan Campbell's brother?
Seems like he had some good performances in the T10 trials. Is he any good?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Ya they are brothers

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

This is supposed to start in two days, does anyone know the status of the floodlights?

We all know it's a joke, but it is happening, so we might as well give it our best shot. If we can prove that we have the facilities and the talent, we can definitely use it as a springboard.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm very disappointed with the way this has been (mis)managed.

First they gave the start date as 18th and now it's moved to 20th.there is no list of Fixtures announced. There are no squads announced. There are no broadcast/streaming details. In India Fancode generally streams the crapiest of leagues and even they don't have any information on this event.

This is painful to see.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:33 am

First they gave the start date as 18th and now it's moved to 20th.there is no list of Fixtures announced. There are no squads announced. There are no broadcast/streaming details. In India Fancode generally streams the crapiest of leagues and even they don't have any information on this event.

This is painful to see.
I'm not the biggest fan of this and think it could have been done much better, but I think you're being a little too harsh.

Squads were announced a while ago. Straight after the draft basically. The start date was listed at 20th some time ago too.

ZTN have secured TV rights for this. Not sure who ZTN are. Doubt any international stations are fighting for the tv right. Probably be something that has to be streamed.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:38 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:33 am

This is painful to see.
I'm not the biggest fan of this and think it could have been done much better, but I think you're being a little too harsh.

Squads were announced a while ago. Straight after the draft basically. The start date was listed at 20th some time ago too.

ZTN have secured TV rights for this. Not sure who ZTN are. Doubt any international stations are fighting for the tv right. Probably be something that has to be streamed.
Ah! Ok... Nothing is updated on Zimbabwe cricket App 😆 and on sites like cricinfo, cricbuzz etc.. This has failed to get much visibility at least outside of Zim.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZTN are a Zimbabwean channel. They broadcast live on YouTube sometimes, have watched a Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League games on their channel.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes