ZC Changes

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo

Re: ZC Changes

Post by secretzimbo »

What is Blessing Ngondo’s official role or title?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:53 pm
What is Blessing Ngondo’s official role or title?
Because apparently this is the guy who has taken the decision to fire Masakadza and Houghton.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I've had a chance to mull this over some more.
The Masakadza sacking is pure bullshit. He may get moved sideways or downwards perhaps, but the likely scenario is just step back and we'll keep sending you the cash.
He's been part of their system from the get go, has enough gen to sink the lot of them.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Are Williams and Ervine retiring? It wouldn't surprise me...In fact I would be surprised if they kicked on at their age and given the state of the results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

They're on at least 10k a month each, haven't had any fancy IPL contracts etc. They will hang in until they're told to leave.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Houghton had to go, he has presided over two embarrassing non-qualifications. For as much as we like him, he hasn't produced results which should have been very achievable - one could perhaps forgive the ODI CWC qualification failure but certainly not the T20 CWC qualification failure. Ervine and Williams retiring is never going to happen at a good time for the team given our lack of depth so we may as well get it over with now instead of 2 years from now when we are halfway to the next world cup.

Given the constant injuries and niggles our team seem to have it is probably best to move on from the fitness team also. Has anyone ever been as injured as much as Ervine and Williams?

Is Gary Brent a chance for coach?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Either they have niggles or they're not wanting to play under the extreme pressure. I know where my money is.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think the white experiment is temporarily on the back burner.
Brent is the ladies coach and they've got a big one coming.
Let's see if he gets fired as well.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:15 pm
Either they have niggles or they're not wanting to play under the extreme pressure. I know where my money is.
Niggles at their ages surely :lol: not saying them boys are chickens are you?

White experiment :lol: see old ponsonby and Bradders chopped next.

Ya kadza’s chopping is a publicity exercise showing who’s boss. He’ll be still involved somewhere. He’s a legend black cricketer which suits ZC’s agenda.
55727835 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:46 pm
The technical team is reportedly being axed as well. Kirby, Stuart and the fitness coaches all being cut.
Wow the kit man will be the only fella left. Well him and Knackers.
Last edited by Pat_Bee on Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:57 pm

He's been part of their system from the get go, has enough gen to sink the lot of them.
Shady guy old kadza yo. He ain’t going down without a fight :lol: