#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

The more I think about that the more I realize that’s the way forward. Bad people rely on good people to do the right thing.
SRC must just tell the Zimbabwe cricketing fraternity that it’s over. That there’s no further ICC affiliated cricket under this current board, case closed. And then just fold their arms and sit.
Watch what happens. You’ll see Hammy and co and all those other recalcitrant staff squealing and singing like canaries. They may actually arrive at Titan Law headquarters with Mukhulani’s, Makoni’s and Masakadza’s heads on a spike.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And that’s bullshit about the black players, I like all guys that do their best at cricket. End of story there as well.
Even if players are picked when they shouldn’t be, black or white, they’re not turning that down and they’re going to do their best. It’s the system I’ve got a problem with and with the people that take advantage of it.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Raza saying on twitter that he hopes Zimbabwe will still play T20WC Qualifier and that the house will be in order.

Not sure if anything is happening behind the scenes or Raza is just plain hopeful.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

I disagree encore.

In any other country, someone of hami’s age would have not survived a form slump of this magnitude. Let me remind you, hami averages 27.7 in Odis, which is ok but not great. He has been good at times, but should not be captain- objectively on his last year or twos form. Eg damien Martyn was let go from Aus for a very minor form slump compared to hami. Ideally hami would play franchise cricket, get his form back and then back into team. This unfortunately is not a possibility in zim.

But yes your argument shows how ZC thinks, no doubt Raza is in their bad books. When he went to Canada for example. But many players like West Indian players play in t20 tournaments. There was no tour at that time either. To be honest, zim cricket need raza and Taylor not the other way round. They should just leave and play somewhere else see where zim cricket will be then. That is why zim is where they are, because other players of their level eg de grandhomme have decided to leave zim.

Secondly, this is not a racist forum and many black players are highly regarded on this forum eg olonga, pommie, Rabada, taibu, chatara etc.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:50 pm
Here’s the reality. It’s a week into the deadline and everybody is pleading and begging SRC and Coventry and Mlotshwa to show humanity and love and kindness and let cricket live.
With a week to go EVERYBODY will be begging and pleading and threatening ZC to step down. They will do a 180. A part of me wants to see that 11th hour about face.
Which part about - "Reinstate elected ZC board unconditionally" did you not understand??? :?

We've been through this plenty times in soccer with CAf and FIFA. Not even Mukuhlani has power to compromise or succumb to SRC now! ICC only recognises elected officials. None outside of those that were elected can be recognised by ICC. No player, or fan, or sponsors etc can can bring about an "about face", not even the elected administrators themselves.

The only thing SRC can do is recognise the ZC Board once again. And once they are official again, for them to immediately resign OFFICIALLY. But who would be constitutionally recognised to oversee those elections in a vacuum? What does the ZC Consitution and ICC Full Members requirements say? Does it even allow for such a situation to exist? I would imagine that just like CAF and FIFA, ICC would be empowered to oversee that election, but clearly they have refused!!!

Are we even thinking straight here??? ICC have a copy of the ZC Constitution which obviously has certain requirements. Can you imagine the ramifications of electing a President and MPs then later, everyone having to resign to fresh elections can take place? Within months having to redo an election whose outcome was meant to last 4-5 years???

I keep on bumping in the most senseless and unworkable expections which threaten to set precedents which the ICC would never want to exist in their history or future.

You are expecting the impossible! :roll:

I read rubbish somewhere, whetehr it was from Coventry or SRC, that ICC were invited to add whomever and however many people they wanted to be part of the interim board.. Are DEB and VH really part of all this cheap and mindless strategies. I'm pretty sure the ICC Committee must have spent the entire meeting just laughing at that part alone. No Full Member would ever stomach that possibility in their own board.

This anti-ZC thing is totally ridiculous. I'm not saying a single thing more on the subject. This is very stupid!
Voice of reason.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Yes I can always tell the tiresome hhm is back when he emphasises his drivel in bold.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

I agree with you here Encore, SRC went about it the wrong way. If they suspected corruption, they needed to bring a case to attempt to prosecute the perpetrators through the courts, as the icc constitutions does state no interference allowed. ZC is innocent till proven guilty.
Src is a government or government affiliated institution at the current time. Legally you are probably right, doesn’t make it morally right though.

The problem SRC faces is the courts in Zimbabwe are not free of corruption as we all know.

What happened with the audit? Anyone know?

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Does the icc have an anti-corruption commission? Perhaps an inquiry with them instead of a suspension would have also have been a better step. Seems SRC jumped the gun in suspending ZC, under ICC regulations. ICC regulations put in place as a safeguard against global gov interference in Cricket.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s not stupid Hhm. There’s no future under these guys. They’re thieves and they’re incompetent. We’re dead anyway under them.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

You’re not wrong googly, ZIm cricket has been on a decline performance wise under the last two boards. But proper procedure had to be followed.src Can’t just dismiss ZC because they say they are corrupt- would set a bad precedent for cricket eg india gov suspending BCCI