Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by sloandog »

We're all smarting here mate. Take it easy

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 am
We're all smarting here mate. Take it easy
SNM
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Taps has made the most relevant point in terms of 'costing the match. Sikki waited for this day for 5 years, it is probably the match that motivated him to keep going, the match to qualify for the world Cup. Then he gets dropped early on playing a very rash shot and then when the momentum had shifted, when Scotland were searching for answers, he literally gifted his wicket away.

For a minute or so I was literally numb because Sikki was the last man I would have expected to be irresponsible.

Having said all that, my love and respect for Sikki will never fade. We make mistakes and this one was just humongous.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:18 pm
Taps has made the most relevant point in terms of 'costing the match. Sikki waited for this day for 5 years, it is probably the match that motivated him to keep going, the match to qualify for the world Cup. Then he gets dropped early on playing a very rash shot and then when the momentum had shifted, when Scotland were searching for answers, he literally gifted his wicket away.

For a minute or so I was literally numb because Sikki was the last man I would have expected to be irresponsible.

Having said all that, my love and respect for Sikki will never fade. We make mistakes and this one was just humongous.
Raza has made a career out of mostly playing rash shots. I can’t remember the last time he was NOT dropped on single digits. I’ve never really rated him, and yesterday was the epitome of why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

Why is no one blaming whoever said our games will be in BYO for the super 6? That really shafted us big time you know, who was making those wickets in BYO? Lets ban the queens sports club with immediate effect! You know lets completely fire it as a host to any cricket at all! :D :D
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It did seem unfair that we won the group stage yet had to move to Bulawayo.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Fields are under ICC control during tournaments. If not mistaken, ZC agreed to stick with ranking as opposed to placement and hence that moved us to Bulawayo.

I have nothing personal against Bulawayo but it did feel like the turnout in Harare was much better than what Bulawayo produced.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Another name who was missed on Tuesday is Chakabva. He anchored in Townsville too. I'm really surprised they didn't bring him back for the qualifiers. He is playing the t10.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

What this taught me is that the gap between an ordinary level international cricketer like Regis and some of our young guys is actually big

Googly

Post by Googly »

Regis got repeated exposure, probably playing better teams as well. Our young guys are getting exposure against lesser teams. Are they that much lesser though? These Associates have improved big time. They might almost be at where the big teams were 12 years ago.
You still have to stay in long enough to learn something though.
Reggy is notoriously iffy against spin. He probably would also have struggled against SL.

They did the right thing backing their existing guys. The player they most certainly missed was Ballance. He sold us a proper dummy. Again hindsight but 2 more batters would have gotten us real close. Anyway can't keep banging on about it.

One guy we could maybe squeeze a year out of is BT.
He must be close to the end of his ban? I don't know how much bad blood still exists or if he'd consider it without his old mates there (if they go?).
Hes a good example of a young guy thrown in the deep end and eventually finding a way. It's possible, but he's a freak.
He had that bit extra that you perhaps can't quantify.

I see that Zolsky guy was sending Streak get well messages. How do you go from- you racist cheating pink Rhodesian piece of shit to "get well soon my China!" That's unstable at best :lol:
Maybe he thinks Heath is about to check out and has terrors of being revisited and is hedging? He's said some poor stuff that would not get him a Yorkshire gig.

If they're extending the olive branch to that extent then you'll struggle to find a better option as a batting coach than BT if they're not happy with Matsi in the national set up, but I'd be surprised if he's on the block.
We've had some good guys over the years and nobody has made a noticeable difference because it's a game of millimeters. DH has had a profound impact by giving guys autonomy and self belief and that's mostly what you need at this level. Zim coaches have the unenviable task of trying to bring guys on that aren't quite ready or quite up for it, as opposed to dealing with guys who've made it through a tough school and mostly have a complete game that just needs tweaks. They're junior and senior coaches at the same time. Not easy.

I like the idea of homegrown coaches because they know the history and know we are in the fight of our lives to remain relevant. Plus they contributed to our rise and will hopefully fight tooth and nail to prevent our demise.

I wonder what Ratshit thought of that loss? Does he keep pitching up on pay day? Has he no shame?