[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Kenya - 2nd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Kenya - 2nd ODI

Post by zimfan1 »

Just like to say that the kenyan kit is one of the worst i have ever seen
Attachments
will.jpg
will.jpg (65.05 KiB) Viewed 2338 times

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Can't disagree with you there zimfan1, it looks almost like he has a jacket on over the top of his shirt.

I wasn't sure about the new Zim kit at first, must say that its grown on me now though.

Kenya now 100-3 from 27 overs with Williams on as our 7th bowler, why ?

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

Train Driver wrote: Kenya now 100-3 from 27 overs with Williams on as our 7th bowler, why ?
Everyone's an all-rounder now :?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Tickolo gets Rhioned :D

SO Tikolo c Utseya b Cremer 19 (38b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

Fall of wicket: 115/4 (30.1 ov); Partnership: 32 runs, 9.1 overs, RR: 3.49

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimfan1 wrote:Just like to say that the kenyan kit is one of the worst i have ever seen
Yeah, looks like one of the early Bangaldeshi outfits. But thats a majestic shot from Willie. And he isn't doing too badly with the ball either.

Cremer gets the Kenyan Rock! Big one :W:

Cribbage

Post by Cribbage »

Train Driver wrote:Kenya now 100-3 from 27 overs with Williams on as our 7th bowler, why ?
Williams's bowling has dropped off in recent times, but judging by the way Zimbabwe's innings went and indeed Kenya's innings so far, the pitch really suits the spinners. Getting some cheap overs from Williams in now will mean we can keep the pressure on and rely less on the openers who got a bit of tap and, judging from the amount of wides they bowled, were generally wayward. Hamilton probably only had a bowl because the ball was still new when Jarvis got the Bobby Fulton hook; I have no problem with Williams bowling a quick spell now at all.

Cribbage

Post by Cribbage »

Boundary wrote:
Train Driver wrote: Kenya now 100-3 from 27 overs with Williams on as our 7th bowler, why ?
Everyone's an all-rounder now :?
Heh, well it's not like Williams is a non-bowler. He did heaps of bowling coming up through the age-level rep system and although he hasn't done a lot of it in franchise cricket of late, he certainly knows how to bowl. This isn't like giving Vermeulen a roll.. I rate him more highly as a bowler than Masakadza and Matsikenyeri who seem to get a bowl semi-regularly.

Cribbage

Post by Cribbage »

Haha, so now Masakadza comes back on. Grr. If you want to use the seamers, use the real ones.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Heh, well it's not like Williams is a non-bowler. He did heaps of bowling coming up through the age-level rep system and although he hasn't done a lot of it in franchise cricket of late, he certainly knows how to bowl. This isn't like giving Vermeulen a roll.. I rate him more highly as a bowler than Masakadza and Matsikenyeri who seem to get a bowl semi-regularly.
100% agree, we have to remember Williams was once a proper allrounder who could of been selected alone for his batting or bowling, but as time has gone on his batting has taken over.

I have a little feeling that they are trying to get him to start bowling propaly again so they can play a third seamer and then play him as part of a spin trio, maybe at the exspense of Price or even Utseya when he looses the captaincy as i dont think it would be fair to drop cremer at the moment after his fantastic last year

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, if he can fill in 5-6 overs regularly with a wicket or two here and there, to go with his contributions with the bat, that would be ideal. Hope sense prevails post-Dabengwa era ;)