ZIM UNDER19 SQUAD

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
farhan

ZIM UNDER19 SQUAD

Post by farhan »

Well under 19 cricket worldcup around the corner,here is some look on the zim squad.

Prince Masvaure(captain),Justin Gaisford,Tinashe Chamambo ,Tendai Chitongo,Hughes Dinembira,Kyle Jarvis,Edzai Jaure ,Daniel Landman ,Tendai Mashonganyika ,Stewart Matsika,Solomon Mire,Peter Moor,Confidence Mutombodzi ,Njabulo Ncube,Reginald Nehonde .

players to watch are Masvaure,Tendai Mashonganyika ,Matsika,Solomon Mire.
these players did perform well in zim domestic structure.hopefully ZIM team do well and there be some bright stars of future.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: ZIM UNDER19 SQUAD

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I read somewhere that this is an allround weaker squad than the last U19 WC squad. Having said that, U19 WC's are always quite well contended, so it will be interesting to see how the team goes.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Does anyone know anything about these players, as I've heard of very few of them.

dylan
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by dylan »

solomon mire is a player to watch he has a average of 115 in the Faithwear Clothing Inter-Provincial One-Day Competition

tlse

Post by tlse »

kyle jarvis is the son of malcolm jarvis the former national player, kyle plays also for the under19 rugby team. he is a good bowler
justin gaisford is one of the more prolific batsman at school level. he plays for petehouse. Peter moor is also a good opener
prince masvaure played in the last under 19 world cup
mashonganyika plays the last faithwear one day competition for northerns
solomon mire made his first class debut for centrals last year
mutombodzi is a very good bowler
daniel landman is a good batsman for falcon college

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

I hadn't realised, until checking some of these lads out on cricinfo, that Prince Masvaure was a left arm seamer.

As I mentioned in another thread, regarding Prosper Tsvanhu, this type of bowler has taken a lot of wickets in the last few years and seem a constant menace to batsmen. I hope that the two of them continue their progress and can become prospective match winners for Zim in the future.

It would be really good if this squad did well in the competition and then pushed on in the next 2 or 3 years.

Looking at the 2006 squad, one player who I recall was well spoken of was Kudakwashe Samunderu, is he still around or is he another one who has been lost to Zim cricket ?

aydee

Post by aydee »

Train Driver wrote:
Looking at the 2006 squad, one player who I recall was well spoken of was Kudakwashe Samunderu, is he still around or is he another one who has been lost to Zim cricket ?
I remember him. He was on the verge of the national team. Didn't hear anything about him last year though, so looks as though he may well have done a runner...

Cribbage

Post by Cribbage »

aydee wrote:
Train Driver wrote:
I remember him. He was on the verge of the national team. Didn't hear anything about him last year though, so looks as though he may well have done a runner...
Attending university in South Africa. Hopes to play Test cricket apparently, but doesn't mention which country. :P

http://www.ss4ls.org.za/index.php?optio ... Itemid=125