Series thread - MTN Domestic Championship

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimdan

Re: Series thread - MTN Domestic Championship

Post by zimdan »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
zimdan wrote:I managed to watch a few hours of the match earlier, and i agree with you aydee, even i was suprised about the 5 white players. I do hope that Robin Brown has convinced to the board to select on merit rather than colour. That notion would help zimbabwe no end.
How did the guys look (technically, body language, etc)? Interested particularly in Chakabva and Muzarabani, nobody knows too much about them at all besides the scorecards from the SAA matches.
It was suprising, but both teams looked like the couldnt be bothered. TYhis of course could have been the state of where it was being played. Including me there wouldnt have been more than 100 spectators, which gives absolutly no atmophere, and might aswell have been a club game.

However Taibu and taylor gave it a good go, i just feel we were a little negative. I didnt get to watch zim bowl, but prices figures look very promising, and with utseya back and possibly chamu, we could have given them more of a game.

In respect to Regis, he looks a fine player, pity hes a keeper though, we'd win the keeper only team world cup at this rate.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Nice to see matsikenyeri and dabengwa jettisoned. They are not new players anymore and the other players shoudnt have to be carrying them. The almost constant litany of failures from these players and then they kept getting retained beggars belief!!!

In respects to chakabva and muzarabani if the selectors have identified them as future players then they should give them a good go in these round of matches to see if they have what it takes. It is only fair

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

I think it is an enormous shame that Stuart Matsikenyeri has not become a leading Zim player.

I remember the various press articles when he made his test debut in that game against West Indies in 2003 that Zim so nearly won. 57 and 46* is not a bad way to start your test career, but then only one more 50 in his next seven tests and seven 50's in 70 ODI innings.

He is not yet 25, has he got the talent to come back or were those early knocks a flash in the pan ?

zulu

Post by zulu »

If Matsikenyeri plays he needs to bat up the order recently hes been comeing in the lower order at a time when zimbabwe need to start scoring quick runs and he gets out playing a stupid shot I dont think his role in the team should be a slogger because he has failed a number of times trying to go for the big hits... When he gets another chance he should bat at about 4 or 5

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Matsikenyeri is not consistent enough. Piet rinke had a good start to his international carrear ( Albeit againsy kenya). When he went off the boil he was dropped and replaced, This should be a mandatory requirement for all players.
Like i said if chakhabva has been identified as a future zimbo player he needs to get a run in this side against the south african teams

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Titans v Chevrons at Centurion
CricInfo live commentary here, and the weather in Pretoria shouldn't get in the way.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Cricinfo are showing a squad of 13 players for todays game, the same 11 as against Warriors with Christopher Mpofu and ............... Keith Dabengwa :roll:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I can't believe it :cry:
V Sibanda, H Masakadza, SC Williams, T Taibu, BRM Taylor, E Chigumbura, RW Chakabva, AG Cremer, GB Brent, RW Price, T Muzarabani, CB Mpofu, KM Dabengwa
I'm hoping for an unchanged lineup. Surely that is the most likely scenario.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I wonder which bank Dabengwa keeps his bribery evidence in, it must be the reason that he keeps on being selected :lol:

Titans have won the toss and put Zim in.