Series thread - MTN Domestic Championship

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimdan

Re: Series thread - MTN Domestic Championship

Post by zimdan »

i watched this match today. It was insane and the crowd was quite large which was suprising. Tibbly was immense, and brent put on an awesome bowling show. pity we couldnt play like this away from home, we seem to find it easy to win at home but away is a different story

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

So Zim finish with 5 wins from 12 - which isn't too bad when you consider that 5 of the 7 sides in the tourney finished on 5 or 6 wins. Chevrons may have finished in 6th place, but outside Titans and Lions at either end of the table there wasn't much in it, and Zim are looking much better now than they did at the half-way point...

aydee

Post by aydee »

maehara wrote:So Zim finish with 5 wins from 12 - which isn't too bad when you consider that 5 of the 7 sides in the tourney finished on 5 or 6 wins. Chevrons may have finished in 6th place, but outside Titans and Lions at either end of the table there wasn't much in it, and Zim are looking much better now than they did at the half-way point...

Yeah, 5 out of 12 is not too bad, especially considering that Zim really seemed to grow into the tournament. They were competative in all but a couple of games, and only lost 2 out of 6 at home... The batting and spin bowling seem to be of a good standard, the main worry is the seam bowling, especially the depth.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

I see Taibu finished off the series with a bit of fun, dropped at 3rd man off the 2nd to last ball before hitting the last for 4, shame he couldn't have got a 6 off it.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Nice win to end the campaign...

baiju029

Post by baiju029 »

WHAT I WISH TO SAY TO THE WORLD is ZIMBABWE IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK............No more underestimation.They have proved.Now, I just like a couple of changes and the that team should continue.Chibhabha out and Williams in,Dabengwa out and Chingumbura in.No more changes.batting order is also the bezst now...........Pls select a team like this and go na dwin the PRO20 championship,........

baiju029

Post by baiju029 »

Can somebody pls tell me exactly wat happened in the last over of the match....I could nt get any commentary.Iam so eager to know

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

This left Taibu, now with Tawanda Mupariwa, to score 23 runs off the last three overs. Mupariwa stuttered almost; a Lions fielder lost his nerve and dropped Taibu in the over and Taibu hung on.

With 13 needed to win from the last over – Taibu turned down a single, in order to take strike. The first ball of the over from Telemachus was pulled for four. The crowd went delirious. Another single turned down. A miss by the batman. Another miss, and a wide called. A four, off the fifth ball. Three runs were now required off the last ball.

Taibu crunched Telemachus to extra cover for four.