HMCA 2015/16 Season

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: HMCA 2015/16 Season

Post by zimfan1 »

Any updates from this weekends games?

Much appreciated as always.

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

The league has been postponed till further notice. This is in part to the lack of covers which Mr Makoni promised but has not delivered and that most teams are providing 6 or 7 players to different franchises which is a bade excuse. Besides that games have been washed out .
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly wrote:Almost every year the club season "finally" starts weeks late amidst much hype and excitement for the first 2 weeks and nearly always peters out. I'm not familiar with the league structure, but if there's a 2nd and 3rd league with teams supposedly being promoted or relegated I can tell you with certainty it's not going to work. There aren't the number of players, full stop!! Plus of course any decent player in a team that is due for relegation is just going to jump ship. National and franchise players were always supposed to be affiliated to a club and were supposed to turn out when they were fixture free but none of them ever bothered, except Vusi tried to bat himself back into form a couple of times. They will disappear if franchise starts. I'm also guaranteeing that the umpiring situation will never be resolved, there's about 4-6 decent, vaguely unbiased umps in the entire country, the rest should be doing hard time for being blatant cheats and I really wonder why they bother, it cannot be worth the price of a lunch to make some of the calls I've seen. I'd like to see some kind of cameras set up for club games, it can't be that difficult or expensive. I'm not suggesting a live TMO but a review system for the umpires so the good ones get rewarded and the cheats get a public arse kicking.
Hate always being right. Where are the millions of players making up the second and third teams to fill the slots in the first teams? Nobody can organise a shag in a whore house.
The clubs have no covers? I wonder why??

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's rained briefly twice, how many games have been washed out and for how long? Are we going to cancel request for drought relief and now claim we are being flooded out? So sick of this bullshit.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When ICC finally realise that the lies occur every time the lips move we will deservedly be relegated. Did I say I was sick of this?

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Ihsan balls are too expensive mate ! Makoni needs a new set of Callaways

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I'm actually a little surprised that Harare doesnt go with Astroturk or synthetic pitches.

Much cheaper , very hard to find a turf pitch in club cricket in sydney.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

You would require 24 hour security because someone would steal it, chop it up and sell it as a carpet, much like what happened to the Astra at the hockey stadium. And nothing sleeps like a security guard.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

The fact that the second and third leagues have been completed on time and seen the promotion of Alex Sports club back into the first league must be commended. The issue with first league is i put the entire blame on ZC who delayed the league as they had promised clubs ISHAN balls but some how we are using a ball call" Chikumba". ZC had also committed to assist in providing covers at approved and vetted first league standard grounds which to date has not materialized.Most clubs have met their end by ensuring that they secured grounds and would have a match day 11. The results of these efforts have seen 7 hundreds being recorded in the first round alone as compared to 3 the whole of last year and average scores rising from 165 to 187. The reduction in the first league sides has increased the level of competition in the first league as top players scrambled to join first league sides thanks to a document Googly and I worked on 3 years ago now to cut the number of teams. The second league with the exception of the horrid HSC has been very competetive with the last round having 4 teams in with a chance to get promoted and it saw Sikander Raza Butt play second league cricket for his club Alex (such a humble player).

All in all the second round should be a cracker as teams vie to survive and the fight to be in the top two for the mythical ZPL which i am doubting will take place anymore.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

gargamel wrote:The results of these efforts have seen 7 hundreds being recorded in the first round alone as compared to 3 the whole of last year and average scores rising from 165 to 187.
This and more. You really must be added to the national setup as an analyst or some such role. Really meaningful observations all along... Would you take it up if Jemisi, totoro and others who are planning a breakaway ZC offer that role? :)