Match Thread: Dragons v Zimbabwe Provinces

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zulu

Re: Match Thread: Dragons v Zimbabwe Provinces

Post by zulu »

Mawayo 50 off 20 balls that is outstaning looks like zim provs r going for the win their 72 off 7 overs awsome stuff!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Wow, Zimbabwe really managed to turn it on! I must admit, I thought there was no hope in hell of Zimbabwe being able to get anywhere near that target. Obviously they didn't win, but the got pretty damn close in the end.

Matsikenyeri 55 off 23 - 5 fours and 3 sixes. Absolute shock.
Nyamuzinga 59 from 48 - 5 fours and 1 six. Great knock.

Why don't we have this sort of attitude in the final 10 overs of an ODI? 7.36 an over for 25 overs is quite impressive, a great attitude by the batsmen. And Matsikenyeri has redeemed himself after his 30 ball duck :o

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

9/182 after 45 overs
4.04 an over... not bad, not great. Probably not enough to win, but at least it's something for the bowlers to defend.

Sending Maruma to bat at number 4 was... odd. I've always said Utseya should bat at 4 in FC matches, and maybe Maruma could as well... but in one-dayers I don't think that is the best option. Not when guys like Mawoyo and Mujuru are still to bat.

As a sidenote, can anyone figure this out?
TN Garwe 0.1 0 6 0 36.00 (1w)

JF Mostert not out 2
C Jonker not out

Rainsford bowled a wide earlier, Garwe conceded 6 wides off one ball?!?! What the hell happened? Did he bowl it over the bowlers head straight into the stands? Or was it a wide that hit the helmet and they ran on it...?? Bizarre.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Pretty sad way to finish off the series and unless Namibia get totally thrashed in their last fixture it looks like bottom place for Zim.

I had always thought that the Provinces side would do better in the 1 day matches rather than the 3 day, shows how much I know :roll:

A great series for Regis Chakabva, Graeme Cremer and Admire Manyumwa and nice to see Tino Mawoyo getting some runs as well as Ed Rainsford and Blessing Mahwire back among the wickets. Hopefully some of the others like Nyamuzinga, Mujuru etc will benefit from the opportunity of having had some competetive match time.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Train Driver wrote:I had always thought that the Provinces side would do better in the 1 day matches rather than the 3 day, shows how much I know :roll:
Hey, if that holds true for the senior side, we could go back to Test cricket right now.. :)

Unlikely, though.

Utseyalitharan

Post by Utseyalitharan »

Does anyone have a link to the scorecard for this last match...i cant find it anywhere?
:o

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

SAA Challenge
Zimbabwe Provinces vs North West
N.W. (1/183, Mostert 89*, Chibhabha 1/22) def. Z.P. (182, Mujuru 42, Jonker 3/13)

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

...or a full scorecard here.