Match Thread: Dragons v Zimbabwe Provinces

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Re: Match Thread: Dragons v Zimbabwe Provinces

Post by jimbo »

I think the zimbabwe cricket bosses would rather have a pliable captain than a firebrand..Particularly when taibu sounded off at the bosses in 2005...Mahwire was for a while chairman of the players association and he didnt mince his words when it came to chingoka/bvute either

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

After all this talk about Mtizwa taking the gloves so Mawoyo can concentrate on his batting, guess who doesn't make the team...
F Kasteni, TMK Mawoyo (wk), B Mujuru, CJ Chibhabha, S Matsikenyeri (c), T Maruma, SK Nyamuzinga, NB Mahwire, AM Manyumwa, TN Garwe, EC Rainsford
The inclusion of Chibhabha strengthens the batting considerably. He is a true number 3 IMO, just not as good as Williams it seems.

I would go with this batting order: Mawoyo, Kasteni, Chibhabha, Mujuru, Matsikenyeri, Nyamuzinga, Manyumwa, Mahwire, Maruma, Rainsford, Garwe

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

North West 102/1, Zim Provs yet to bat - rain stopped play. Not a particularly good start...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Zimbabwe 0/27

I'd be very surprised if this game isn't a draw. We can't win, but NW could if they bowl very well. With a draw the most likely result, I'd like to see Zimbabwe bat out the match, hopefully see a few centuries and individual performances. Certainly, now that Mawoyo and Kasteni are settled they should both go on to decent scores, and Chibhabha is next man in and is a very good batsman.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Anyone know anything :?: :?:

The cricinfo score is stuck at 27-0 with a minimum 31 overs to bowl.

Is it raining again :roll:

Utseyalitharan

Post by Utseyalitharan »

Zimbabwe Provinces 170/5 (61.0 ov)

The captain spent a good 40 minutes and used up 30 balls in his knock scoring 0...Maruma is proving t be a good player, he got 3 wickets and now he is on 9 and counting

Utseyalitharan

Post by Utseyalitharan »

Zimbabwe Provinces 1st innings 236/6 Maruma on36....this guy really deserves a place in the side especially test cricket

zulu

Post by zulu »

maruma 47* hes really turnng out into a decent batsman i think he is very talented and one of zimbabwes shining lights for the future.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

8/289 dec, Maruma 74 not out.

Why wasn't he allowed to get his century???? :?: :?: There was no hope of winning, surely Matsikenyeri didn't think we could bowl North West out and then score 200 odd runs in the space of about 60 overs :roll:

That's unfair on Maruma, he has been denied a shot at a First Class century :(

Anyway.... good on him, a great allround performance. 3 wickets and a half century, hopefully he can build on the number wickets in this innings. Also, Mawoyo half century, good work.

And a wonderful 30 ball knock from Stuart Matsikenyeri for his duck. Even Rahul Dravid would laugh at that :roll:

zulu

Post by zulu »

mawayo isnt hanging around hes on 23 off 10 balls surely its impossible for a win with only 19 overs to go!