Tarisai Musakanda

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Tarisai Musakanda

Post by zimfan1 »

Getting quite excited about him now, only 20 years old and having a cracking season for the Rhinos where he is averaging over 40 in a poor batting side.

Now he is scoring runs for Zimbabwe "A" in alien conditions, is he the best young batsman we have? do we throw him in within the next couple of years?

Some videos of his batting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTvrnvCMc5Y

jaybro

Re: Tarisai Musakanda

Post by jaybro »

Stays very still at the crease

Plays late

Hits the ball in the air a bit which isn't so great

Chatara seemed to be getting through the crease there which is a good sign ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

The video in the link above is from last season (which means it's a pre-injury Chatara bowling), this one is more recent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2EHgfeX0yA

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ahh true, the game when Chatara made his comeback Musakanda got a duck ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

You beat me to this topic zimfan1, I was thinking about his performances in the last few days, and wanted to make a post. At this rate, I definitely expect him to be around the national team reckoning within a years time.

Here's something that happened in 2010. When a lot of us did not know who Musakanda was apart from some name who got selected in U13s and U15s, a certain Kevin Chimuka signed up as member of this forum, made just one post till date, but has vouched for young Tarisai. May be the kid is special: http://zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.p ... =10#p19719

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Dont rate him. Seen him play loads and just isnt convincing enough. Fair enough he is playing pretty well domestically at the moment but really got miles to go.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Scoring runs again today, not saying he is the real deal but perhaps he is someone we need to invest time in as he is the only batsman aged 20 or below who is scoring runs at FC level and now against a decent Afghan "A" side.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Yeah, fair play to him. May be in process of leaping over the likes of Mamhiyo, Mutombodzi and Kaia.

MidWest Rhinos

Post by MidWest Rhinos »

One of the best kids we have on staff. Very pleasant, polite and respectful but a funny guy. Last season he saw me munching on biltong in my office, very next day he goes out and buys me a pack of the stuff. His batting has really come a long way this season. His dad puts a lot of pressure on him but Tari doesn't seem fazed by it, it seems to spur him on.
Unoffically Mid West Rhinos

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

MidWest Rhinos wrote:One of the best kids we have on staff. Very pleasant, polite and respectful but a funny guy. Last season he saw me munching on biltong in my office, very next day he goes out and buys me a pack of the stuff. His batting has really come a long way this season. His dad puts a lot of pressure on him but Tari doesn't seem fazed by it, it seems to spur him on.
I agree with you. He is a very lively, polite and humble guy as I interacted with him at the Greater Noida Stadium. Way to go Tary!
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu