WILLIAMS SHOWS HIS CLASS

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: WILLIAMS SHOWS HIS CLASS

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

If Williams had better temperament, he would have achieved better than Taylor. Time and again, he has taken stupid decisions and has acted in haste. But should this affect his trip to the WCT20? I don't think so. There are all kinds of players swearing at umpires these days. That's no defence though. But his disrespect to the match referee is even more disgusting. Put a very heavy fine and get on with it. He made changes to his game last season to even suit T20s better, so an in-form Williams is very necessary for our campaign.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Williams has always been my favourite player

However after i criticised his bowling in Bangladesh on twitter he DM me and threatened to smash my "fucking head in" if he heard a peep out of me again.

The man is clearly very insecure in himself.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Well it looks like he didn't wind his neck in and accept the punishment, as he isn't playing today either...

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

zimfan1 wrote:Williams has always been my favourite player

However after i criticised his bowling in Bangladesh on twitter he DM me and threatened to smash my "fucking head in" if he heard a peep out of me again.

Thanks for the insight.

... and here I was contemplating handing him the captaincy ... :oops:

Ming

Post by Ming »

There are many examples of world class players being wangs and still getting picked (think Kevin Peterson for many years). Problem, is that he's also playing like a wang.
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

In the flip side,
My experience talking to him in social media was pleasant. I just talked to him like A human being and he spent the next half an hour giving me batting advice.

Don't think he is a bad guy at all.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

In the flip side,
My experience talking to him in social media was pleasant. I just talked to him like A human being and he spent the next half an hour giving me batting advice. How many people would do that?

Don't think he is a bad guy at all.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

But who wouldn't treat the Dogg with respect?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

You can be an allround nice chap and still have a short fuse ... I know what I'm talking about ;) In sports I always sucked in pressure situations and the way my dad used to soft-sledged me off the ping-pong table in our basement :oops: ... so in a way I can feel for Williams, yet these are not the ingredients of a great sportsman (not that I wasn't also lacking in the pyhsical department).

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimfan1 wrote:Williams has always been my favourite player

That's awful.
foreignfield wrote:You can be an allround nice chap and still have a short fuse ... I know what I'm talking about ;) In sports I always sucked in pressure situations and the way my dad used to soft-sledged me off the ping-pong table in our basement :oops: ... so in a way I can feel for Williams, yet these are not the ingredients of a great sportsman (not that I wasn't also lacking in the pyhsical department).
:D