Should Mark Vermeulen be allowed to play again?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Should Vermeulen be allowed to play again?

Yes, he should play in the national team
86%
Yes, but only for Westerns
14%
No
No votes

Total votes: 14

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Should Mark Vermeulen be allowed to play again?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Mark Vermeulen recently said to Cricinfo that he wants to play for Zimbabwe again. As maehara said a year or so ago, he is perhaps one of the few cricketers in Zimbabwe who genuinely want to play for the country (and have the skill to do so).

Can ZC put the arson incidents behind them and let him play again?

If it were up to you, what would you do?

I think he should be allowed to play again for Zimbabwe, providing he gets the care that he needs (medications, constant check ups, etc) and he doesn't disrupt the team atmosphere.

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Should Mark Vermeulen be allowed to play again?

Post by Kopje »

Provided he is well enough to play, yes i think he can return. The question is now left with ZC, if they will approve him to play for Westerns and the national side.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I think this is definetly the last chance saloon for vermeulan though.

If ZC let him play they will not tolerate any more slip up's from him and rightly so, However he was found to be innocent and i think he should be allowed to continue barring anymore misdamenours

andy24

Post by andy24 »

if he does get ago he will b good for the team.
but he is skating on very thin ice.

Utseyalitharan

Post by Utseyalitharan »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Mark Vermeulen recently said to Cricinfo that he wants to play for Zimbabwe again. As maehara said a year or so ago, he is perhaps one of the few cricketers in Zimbabwe who genuinely want to play for the country (and have the skill to do so).
Can ZC put the arson incidents behind them and let him play again?

If it were up to you, what would you do?

I think he should be allowed to play again for Zimbabwe, providing he gets the care that he needs (medications, constant check ups, etc) and he doesn't disrupt the team atmosphere.
I agree witchu totally, he is one fellow who loves to play for his country, the head injuries messed up his brains big time but his zeal for the game cannot be ignored. I beleive Zim will do well with more commited players and more competition.........

tawac

Post by tawac »

Yah, I think the Big lad should be given a chance. We need the competition for the likes of Vusi, Hami, Taylor, Tabba,... After all he did get injured whilst playing for the Country. Its the list the authorities can do for his troubles.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'