[Pictures]: State of Wankie Cricket Club in Zim

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

[Pictures]: State of Wankie Cricket Club in Zim

Post by Detective RDS »

Found this on facebook.

Flakeman

Re: [Pictures]: State of Wankie Cricket Club in Zim

Post by Flakeman »

Nice, looks well maintained. This sort of us stuff breaks my heart.

Not to sound racist but why does the word "maintainance" not exist is Africans dictionary? Genuine question? And I heard that from a black guy by the way. I know this burnt down but you know what im getting at. Im asking the question, not fuelling the fire.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Flakeman wrote:Nice, looks well maintained. This sort of us stuff breaks my heart.

Not to sound racist but why does the word "maintainance" not exist is Africans dictionary? Genuine question? And I heard that from a black guy by the way. I know this burnt down but you know what im getting at. Im asking the question, not fuelling the fire.
The moment anyone says , they do not mean to be racist, you know that they are going to vomit their racist sentiments and think that saying they do not mean to be racist makes ok to actually be racist.

And to even make judgements like that especially about a burnt down cricket club in a country with more pressing issues that maintaining a small cricket ground also highlights your shallow minded approach to this situation.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I actually didnt mean it in a malicious way. But yes there are more pressing issues, such as the economy, which wasnt maintained. The roads are a problem, they wernt maintained, basically nothing in this country was maintained after Independence. I want to know why?

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

But seriously, why would ZC let all these facilities get burnt down like this? Hwange with it's good weather in the summer would be a great area for a couple of 4 day or practice matches. Someone needs to fix this up.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Kopje wrote:But seriously, why would ZC let all these facilities get burnt down like this? Hwange with it's good weather in the summer would be a great area for a couple of 4 day or practice matches. Someone needs to fix this up.
They are too busy building the Victoria Falls ground.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

Flakeman wrote:Nice, looks well maintained. This sort of us stuff breaks my heart.

I know you hate shonas with a passion, but to answer your question the reason why blacks don't do 'maintenance' as you say is because we are too busy innovating Technology, finding new ways to do things and extending the scope of humanity and stretching our frontiers, going above and beyond. Many examples to numerous to mention.
Also we add flavour and we dance and know how to move to the music.

-watermelon
<3 Jemisi rules <3

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Cant argue with that !

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

eugene wrote:
Kopje wrote:But seriously, why would ZC let all these facilities get burnt down like this? Hwange with it's good weather in the summer would be a great area for a couple of 4 day or practice matches. Someone needs to fix this up.
They are too busy building the Victoria Falls ground.
Funny, they have never given us an update on the new ground or released any 3D plans of the stadium. No information on who the contractors are or what the actual cost is.

I don't think they are building it, but that's just me. They are so secretive it does my head in!

KWP

Post by KWP »

sad sight,it symbolises the state of ZC as a whole