Sir Graeme Cremer

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Graeme Cremer

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:Jongwe was (is?) a promising player, but has failed to live up to early expectations. He has been given every opportunity as well. He clearly has a discipline problem, and I'm not just talking about curfews and partying, but he doesn't apply himself.
I've watched him bat a few times and there's no doubting his talent. Once again ZC are partly to blame for not having made a better player of this guy, sure he's been given opportunities, as I said, but they seem to lack the capacity to coach young guys into becoming more mature batsmen. For example- what's wrong with sticking guys on a bowling machine at 75 mph on back of a length top of off for an hour? Especially early on in their careers, and with our lack of games, our batters should be spending 2-3 hours a day netting, but they just don't do the time. I read lots of stuff about the likes of Smith, Hick, Kohli, Kallis etc having hit 500-800 balls a day for years, but we don't have a single batsman that I know of who has a reputation for putting in the time. It's not rocket science to make a quality batsman- you give him quality coaching and endless hours of repetition, we just don't seem to do that and it's vexing. I'd like to set a machine up as I stated earlier and see how many could go 20 minutes without making a mistake.
I dont see the talent with Jongwe. I watched him a fair bit. Even that knock against Bangladesh that jay alluded to...I felt he'd get out any minute. I also didn't see the swag or attitude he apparently has - he had the same glum look on his face everyone else has - but thats not as essential as batting/bowling.

Now contrast Jongwe to Musakanda. Musakanda displayed talent. That is batting. He scored at a run a ball without taking risks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Graeme Cremer

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I just looked at Jongwe's stats, apparently he took 5/6 in an ODI against Afghanistan.

I agree with your assessment on Musakanda though. He seems like a better investment... Jongwe's swagger seems to extend more to his speedometer than his batting average.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Sir Graeme Cremer

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

8-fer for Cremer in the previous Test, 9-fer in Sri Lanka (including his maiden 5WI).
Knighthoods are for life anyway, but he's sure going to great lengths to show that it was the correct decision.

Long live Sir Graeme!