[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka: 2nd Test, Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka: 2nd Test, Harare

Post by Mr Twig »

Thank you DRS

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

:4: beautiful Ervine

STONEMAN
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by STONEMAN »

Train Driver wrote:
STONEMAN wrote:Zimbabwe is the only cricket nation, who doesn't pick talented under 19 cricketers at the international arena. Australia picked Hazlewwod, Marsh. South Africans are rocking with De Kock, Rabada, Russaeau. Windies picked Alzeri Joseph, Pooran, Hetmyer, Pope in their respective A team. England brought Currans, Mehmood in

But for Zimbabwe, no burl, no bowie, no deplock, no signs of kefee, sly, murray, snyder, ives, ngarva, mavuta or mashwinge. Old horses are just disappointing every games.
de Kock was nearly 22, Rabada 20 and a half, Russaeau is supposed to be Rossouw? if so he hasn't played in Tests at all, Hetmyer hasn't played Tests, Hope,not Pope, was 21 and a half, Pooran hasn't played Tests, neither Curran has played any international games, Mehmood is supposed to be Hameed? if so hasn't played international cricket, Hazelwood was almost 24, Marsh was 23

What have any of those players got to do with picking 19 year olds?
You are going by their current age, Check the records when they made debut. De Kock & Rabada made debut for South Africa soon after the Under 19 world cup of 2014 was over, Rest all players represented their respective " A " teams after the unnder 19 world cup, then there is Zimbabwe who plays with old horses in A team which is also an international stage

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

STONEMAN wrote:
Train Driver wrote:
STONEMAN wrote:Zimbabwe is the only cricket nation, who doesn't pick talented under 19 cricketers at the international arena. Australia picked Hazlewwod, Marsh. South Africans are rocking with De Kock, Rabada, Russaeau. Windies picked Alzeri Joseph, Pooran, Hetmyer, Pope in their respective A team. England brought Currans, Mehmood in

But for Zimbabwe, no burl, no bowie, no deplock, no signs of kefee, sly, murray, snyder, ives, ngarva, mavuta or mashwinge. Old horses are just disappointing every games.
de Kock was nearly 22, Rabada 20 and a half, Russaeau is supposed to be Rossouw? if so he hasn't played in Tests at all, Hetmyer hasn't played Tests, Hope,not Pope, was 21 and a half, Pooran hasn't played Tests, neither Curran has played any international games, Mehmood is supposed to be Hameed? if so hasn't played international cricket, Hazelwood was almost 24, Marsh was 23

What have any of those players got to do with picking 19 year olds?
You are going by their current age, Check the records when they made debut. De Kock & Rabada made debut for South Africa soon after the Under 19 world cup of 2014 was over, Rest all players represented their respective " A " teams after the unnder 19 world cup, then there is Zimbabwe who plays with old horses in A team which is also an international stage
I'm going by the age they made their Test debut, you check the stats and you'll find that I'm correct

If you're talking about any other form of cricket then I'm not interested, you want youngsters to play Test cricket so Test cricket is the only thing that counts, ODI and T20 have nothing whatsoever to do with the ability to play in Tests

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Chari passes 50, well batted. Now go again.
Approaching 100-2

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

Chari brings up his fifty with a six. I don't know what he had for breakfast, but I can sense some mental shackles have been broken. If he wants to state his case for the future, he has to build on this.
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

although I didn't agree with the selectors well done to them for sticking with Chari. he still looks very shaky I must say but its a good sing getting a score when u are nowhere near your best

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Well done to Chari

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

TapsC wrote:although I didn't agree with the selectors well done to them for sticking with Chari. he still looks very shaky I must say but its a good sing getting a score when u are nowhere near your best
Yes I agree. And well done Chari for grabbing this extra chance with both hands. To keep his spot he has to capitalise though... he has to turn this into a big, long hundred. #MawoyoStyle

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Yes I agree. And well done Chari for grabbing this extra chance with both hands. To keep his spot he has to capitalise though... he has to turn this into a big, long hundred. #MawoyoStyle